CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sniggle Time

This past weekend was daylight savings time. Now, we haven't participated in daylight savings for almost 10 years. I have always hated it. It's confusing and half the time you loose an hour of precious sleep! Anyway, my kids were completely fascinated by it. They kept asking if this clock was right, or that clock was right. Monday morning, Colton asked me if we had to change all of the clocks back! Very confusing for them. Anyway, the reason I'm telling you this, is because since Sunday, it stays dark in the morning well past 7am. My kids have all been sleeping in. By sleeping in, I mean they're not up by 6am like they usually are. I've been waking them up all week. Except for today. Around 6:30 Kennedy came slowly creeping in, and crawled in bed with me. She is the only one left that still does this with me on a consistent basis. I love this time I get to spend with her. She gets right up in my face, and curls up in a ball, and we just sniggle and chat! After we'd been talking for a few minutes this morning, she said to me "mom, did the poop fairy come in the night and take a dump in your mouth, because your breathe stinks!" Being the adult and good mom that I am I said "right back at ya, kid". She's such a special little girl. After that, she went into the bathroom, where Landon was getting ready for work (he slept in today) and helped him shave! This might be her most favorite thing to do! I think Landon is just grateful that he uses an electric razor!

6 comments:

Nikki

I'm still laughing about the Poop Fairy! Too funny! We are in the same boat...I do not like the time change and have struggled all week to wake up on time and not miss the bus! :) It's dark here at 7 too and Kaden has to be on the bus at 7:03! Ugh!!! I guess we'll get use to it soon enough!

Alisa

What a classy phrase for Kennedy! She is hilarious. Glad you guys aren't frozen yet ;)

Ashley

That Kennedy story made my day! She sounds like she has a little of your dad in her! And I really love the "right back at ya kid!"

Loric

Oh you make me laugh. Don't you just love what they come up with? The poop fairy?! Sad, isn't it? When they no longer come to you first thing in the morning to say "Good morning!" (Big Sigh) Our little kiddoes (sp?) are growing up.

Mark and Karen

Hilarious about the poop fairy!

I hate, hate, hate the time change!!! I just don't get why they do it.

sara

that was hilarious...i love it when kids blurt out whatever is in their head...