CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle (or Moses Lake)

Okay, so we've been a little out of sorts lately, with me being down with the surgery. Last night, around 6:30 Colton remembers that he has a report on Ben Franklin due this morning! Now, he has started on it, but is not finished. He hadn't studied his spelling words at all. I don't think he'd even looked at them. Oh, and his math homework wasn't quite done either! These are things that I'm usually on top of. So, I knew we were in for ANOTHER late night! We got the girls to bed, and Colton finished math, and went over his spelling. Around 8:30 I layed down, and fell asleep! I missed Survivor, and The Apprentice. Thank heavens for my DVR!

Sometime in the middle of the night, Kennedy came in with a bad dream. Now, I haven't been upstairs since my surgery because it KILLS my back. So, Landon takes her back to bed. A few minutes later, she's back and just sort of wandering around our room. I hear her leave, and then she's just whimpering on the stairs! Landon is out like a light. So, I get out of bed, and SLOWLY make my way up the stairs to her. I get her in bed, and she asks me if I'll stay for a little bit. How do I not??

I get her to sleep, and start back down the stairs, where I find Colton sleeping on the landing! It's like 5:30ish, and he had gotten up for the day, and only made it half way down the stairs. So I get him up and back to bed, slither back downstairs and crawl in bed just as Landon's alarm goes off. He informs me that they'd been up until 10:30 finishing Colton's report! Let's just hope that Colton learned his lesson on procrastination, and know that we'll all be in bed by 7pm tonight

4 comments:

Kirsten

those late night project things are all-too familiar in this house. I guess this is payback for all those times my mom had to stay up with me...

STACEY

You and Landon are such great parents! remember "when it rains...."

sara

life is never dull...climbing the stairs in pain - the love of a mother is like none other!

Loric

Oh Amy! I can so relate. Colton and Megan are a lot alike as you know. Up late last night myself typing up one of Megan's stories that she "remembered" late Sunday night was due first thing Monday morning. And I'm such a softie, always bailing her out. ..