CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pride on 3, Pride on 3

Okay, this is going to be another post about Whitley and soccer, and it's me totally bragging. However, it's not what you think. As I've stated before, we are raising the next Mia Hamm (ha ha ha) . At her game today, the other team STUNK! I think Kennedy's team could have beat them. For the entire 1st half, Whitley played defense. I think her coach could see that he needed to hold her off! Every single girl on her team scored a goal. The other team never scored. It was one of those kind of games. Anyway, in the second half when he finally let Whitley play forward, she was awesome. She was passing it to everyone else, and making sure that the girls that hadn't scored got the ball. She hung out at midfield through most of the quarter, just kind of watching the game. Don't get me wrong, she got in a goal or 2, but I was so proud of her. She could have scored at will, and she held back so she didn't just run up the score.
I just tucked her into bed and thanked her again, and told her how proud I was of her for how she had played in the game today. She thanked me and said that she felf sorry for those other girls, and didn't want them to feel bad, so she didn't really play too hard. See, there is a soft side to her. I just have to be patient!

5 comments:

Ashley

What a sweetheart!

Rachel

What a doll! And an athletic one at that!

sara

wow she sounds so good....emma is going to try soccer in the fall...i hope she picks up on it like her!

STACEY

Way to go Whitley! I already miss her on our Fall team...she has grown so much as a player:)

Loric

Oh Whitley, how kind-hearted you are. Doesn't that just make you feel good when you see your children making good choices like that all on their own?