CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

I just have to give a big shout out to my dad today. It's his birthday, and I HATE that I'm not there to celebrate with him. Let me tell you a little bit about him. He's the best. He is as nutty as a fruitcake, and a giant teddy bear.
I have been sooo blessed with the best partents ever. They have always been so supportive of me, and now my kids. I don't think they've ever missed a football, soccer, baseball, you name it game. Let alone all of the music performances and recitals. My dad worked on the East coast alot while I was growing up, and so he was always traveling. However, I remember him taking red eye flights home just to be there for a game the next morning. Sometimes, those games were like YW softball. Not very important, but important to him that he was there! Those things did not go unnoticed. He played basketball at BYU and still holds the record for most rebounds there. He loves sports, and has passed on his competitive spirit to me.
My dad is a big guy. (I clearly take after my mom). He stands at 6'8" and weighs anywhere form 250 to over 300 (sorry dad), depending on his diet. He can lose weight faster than any human on the planet, and can put away a whole pie in record time. He is a complete nut. He never has anything serious to say. My kids have learned that pretty much anything that comes out of grandpa's mouth is going to be total BS! However, he is very sentimental as well. He would never admit that, but it's true. We harassed him for months, before I got married, about not ruining the ceremony by crying like a baby through the whole thing. He did pretty good.

When I was a teenager, my dates and guy friends in general were very intimidated by him. It's a wonder I ever got asked out! Everyone that came to my house, whether he'd met them before or not, was asked to rub his "dogs". He's always trying to get someone to rub his feet. He'd get my sister and her friends, when they were too little to know better, and they'd have the BIG DOG RUB-OFF!
My dad is my hero. He has the strongest testimony of anyone I know. I'm so proud he's my dad. I love you, dad. Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Ashley

Your dad is one of the funniest people on this earth. I still laugh thinking about some of the stories he used to tell in grandma's basement (some involving rental cars). I wish I could drop weight the way he does! I miss him! Happy birthday Scott! I hope you find someone to rub your dogs!

brooke

I loved loved loved reading this. Uncle Scott is one of my favorite people. He can make me laugh harder than anyone--and it is so funny when he cries--just becuase he is so big and manly. I remember the big dog rub offs and I love his bathroom stories! Happy Birthday Scott!

WHITE

I am sure just like me Jonny still has nightmares of the big dog rub-off?! Nobody ever won, it was always a tie and we always scheduled a rematch, as sick and twisted as it was, it will always be a weird and funny memory! I love Dad he is such a nut! And is getting nuttier by the min...

Loric

Wow! What a great tribute! He sounds like one of the nicest dads. (Hey, also liked my little appearance in the back of that picture there. :) Good times. )