CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

I Am Thankful For...(#10)

...our new friends Deb and Dean Weldert. You've heard my post before about Deb, and the great friend that she's been. I finally had Landon get a shot of them at the soccer game yesterday. That's their little boy Travin in the middle. He's Kennedy's age.
Deb has been such a great example of a friend to me. She is Colton's primary teacher, and Whitley's friend Jalin's mom. We met them at church, and she invited us to their house for dinner for the next weekend. She called me twice that next week to see if I needed any help. She's helped me find my piano teacher, soccer leagues, dentists, doctors, orthodontists, you name it. The transition here has been hard, but I can't even imagine what it would have been like without Deb and Dean!

7 comments:

Ashley

Everyone needs a Deb! I hope I can bet that sort of friend someday.

Nikki

Yeah for great friends and especially ones who pick you up when you first arrive! I have one too named Chantal! She's awesome, came over the day we moved in and we've seen her or one of her 4 beautiful kids almost every day since! It's great to meet someone so helpful as Deb seemed. Remember you were that "one" for Tisa Curry...she must have called you a dozen times that first 2 weeks she was there :) Fun!

Nikki

p.s. Love the Easter colors!

sara

friends make everything that much better...glad you and your kids have made some there...love that whitley is so talented in the soccer area, good for her!

Loric

I'm so thankful you've been taken such good care of! Amy, I LOVE your blog!!! The lavender colors are fabulous! Any tips for me now that you are a pro?

Rachel

Don't get too comfy with Deb. We don't want you making any serious committments to that place!

Amy

No need to worry about that. Dean's already looking for a job somewhere else! They've been here for 2 years, and she's done!