CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Kennedy's Birthday Bash

Click to play Kennedy's Birthday Bash
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a scrapbook - it's easy!

So, after a long day of driving, I was pretty trashed and really sore last night. We had some dinner, and then Landon and Colton were off to Scouts. (Poor Landon takes Colton to scouts, and then just kills an hour and a half around town, before he goes back to pick him up-it's easier than coming all the way back home, and then turning right around to go back for him) ANYWAY-Kennedy kept asking me when we were gonna do her presents. I was trying to talk her into doing them tonight, since the boys wouldn't be home until almost 9pm, and the girls go to bed by 8pm and I didn't think I could even get up off the couch. She went to pieces! So, I let her open the presents from her aunts and uncles, thinking that would pacify her until today! She loved them, and I sent her upstairs to shower. However, she still kept telling me that she should be having her presents that day since that was her "real" birthday. While she was showering, Landon called and I was telling him how upset she was, and he had already been to buy the pinata she was after, and was headed to Walmart for the skateboard and guitar (I thought we were done with what we already had for her). He tells me to keep the girls up and we'll party when they get home! So when Landon and Colton came home, they brought the cake and pinata and all the presents, and we partied until almost 10pm. We did talk her into eating the cake and hitting the pinata tonight, so that they didn't fill up on sugar right before bed. Kennedy had a great time, and hopefully it will be an EXPERIENCE she won't forget!

2 comments:

Ashley

That's so fun. She will definately remember her late-night party forever. I hope I'm a fun mom like that.

Lori

Wow, she scored on the presents!! Looks like a fun time, and I can't believe how old these kids are getting!! We are starting Volleyball season and we're going to miss you out there officiating!!! :(