CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 21, 2008

I SURVIVED!

I don't know how, but I did! Let me back up a little bit. My kids have been fighting like CRAZY lately. I mean way worse than normal. We've had Whitley hit Colton in the mouth with a bat(she claims it was an accident), Colton drop his back pack onto Whitley's face from the top of the stairs(he claims it was an accident), you name it! I've had long heartfelt talks, angry rages, and nothing seems to be helping. So yesterday, Landon had to work in Redmond, and wouldn't be home until this morning. That, on top of the kids having a half day at school, on top of the fighting, on top of the crazy sports schedule for the night, I didn't know if I'd get through. Feeling inspired by my friends Rachel and Kirsten, I thought we could make cookies in the afternoon, and that way they'd be entertained and maybe not be fighting. I went and bought sprinkles in every color, tons of decorating frosting and everything to make it really fun!
Somewhere along the line, Kennedy decided that it would be much easier to make cookies without her pants!

We started off pretty well, and the kids were excited about making the cookies! Then, we had a few problems, and I started to wonder why I even try. (notice Colton below)

The girls picking out all of the Easter/Spring cookie cutters.
We got through the cookie mess, and we really did have fun. And of coarse, we had to sample our creations! Then it was onto "sports night".
As we got ready to go, I realized that every single kid had a sports bag packed with all of the "necessities" for the evening. The girls with their soccer gear, and Colton with his baseball stuff. We had a crazy night running from one practice to the next, and onto Kennedy's first soccer game, where she scored 5 goals. She is definitely taking after her sister!

We scarfed down some tacos at this little Mexican joint. And by scarfed, I mean SCARFED! We had 10 minutes to eat dinner, and then Colton had to be at practice. At one point Whitley said, "I bet everyone in here is watching us thinking we're huge pigs". We were quite the spectacle, but hey, we had dinner!

Once we got home, it was on to showers, and straight to bed-for all of us!!

3 comments:

Rachel

Colton pouting made me laugh out loud.We sure miss him!

Kirsten

Good for you! After a day (week, whatever) of my kids driving me crazy I am rarely in the mood to spend more time with them. In fact that paticular day, the cookies almost didn't get made when I came downstairs to Carpri sun all over my kitchen floor. I think my screaming rant went something like this "Get Outside! Now! I WAS going to make cookies with you kids but now I get to mop! Thanks alot!!!!"

STACEY

What a great day! I don't miss those crazy sports days...we will have ours again come fall!