CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Back in the Saddle again...

Okay, I'm back. It has been a really crazy,emotional couple of weeks. We spent the first 8 days knee deep in the funeral. It turned out very nice, and was exactly what Ahma wanted it be. At least I hope it was. I have a feeling she was very happy with the way things turned out. Landon's brother Shane gave the invocation, Colton and I both spoke briefly, and Landon dedicated the grave. I was very proud of both my boys. They both did an excellent job. I, on the other hand, cried and snotted in the microphone the whole time. I couldn't get my grip!

We stayed for several days after the funeral, and helped go through some of Ahma's things. I have been so impressed and amazed with Bumpa (Landon's dad). He is the most spiritually grounded person I've ever been around. He has handled this whole thing better than any of us. What an awesome example.


We were all able to spend a little time with some friends. Thanks to all of you who dropped everything to see us. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, we have the best friends EVER! I took a few pics of the kids and some of the flowers that I'll have to post later. These are just a couple of shots of the girls with their cousin Brandon (who they adore).




3 comments:

steve and lisa

Amy
We MISSED you! Glad you are in your fav. place - Moses Lake! Hope you all are okay!?! :) I am sure you are still sad! :( Very hard to come back here & leave fam. in AZ. We are glad you are back!

Carrie wants to do lunch & get Deb a cute frame with a picture of her fav. friends before she leaves us here in our sad & depressing city!! I will call you! Lisa

Mark and Karen

Sometimes getting back in the swing of things is more tough than the week of funeral stuff. Picking up the pieces and moving on is hard. I hope you are doing OK. Our prayers are still with you.

Rachel

It was fun to see you! Glad you are home safely!