CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Back from Italy-FINALLY

After I took the kids fishing on Saturday, we decided to get a hotel in Spokane, and meet Landon there when he got home late that night. That we he wouldn't have to drive home after a 17 hour flight, and we could go out for a nice Father's Day dinner. It didn't quite happen as I planned.

Landon made it from Italy to Philadelphia without a problem. He then had a 3 hour delay in Philly. They sat on the tarmac waiting for their turn to take off for 3 hours! By then he had missed his connecting flight in Chicago. He got finally got to Chicago around 10pm. He went right to the customer service line-which he claims was about a mile long. It took him 3 1/2 hours to get to the front of the line. The next flight headed to Spokane left at 6AM, with a stop in Denver! So my poor, ragged husband found a bench in the Chicago airport and slept for a couple of hours before he boarded yet another plane! Finally at 10am Sunday morning he arrived in Spokane! YEAH

Meanwhile, I took the kids swimming and out to dinner trying to pass the time. We took Landon to Outback for Father's Day, and then went back to the hotel for another night. Landon was in bed and out cold by 6pm.

8 comments:

steve and lisa

OMG
We took Steve to the Outback in Spokane also for Father's Day!!! YUMMY!!! Sorry about the long, yucky flight for your hubby! He must be exhausted! Deb told me about the pool - I WILL BE THERE!! What a weekend!!! Father Day weekend's always exhaust me! c/ya later aligator! Lisa
oh - lunch for Deb tomorrow at noon! We will make her decide where to go, there are sooooooooooooo many choices!

Liz

Okay, this is the story of my life. Every time Brandon comes home from China, we have our week in China. The kids and I are always so excited for the trip and for him to come home. When he finally arrives he is so blasted tired and sick of eating out that he is a huge stick in the mud. I hate the international trips. They are so boring when they come home. No matter how hard they try, it sucks! Oh well, at least you got to stay in a hotel. I love to do that, no chores or cooking to do! yeah

Liz

I meant, we have our week in "Snowbird". We have a little time share in September. Maybe you should come to visit and I'll see if he can stay in China a little longer. lol

sara

funny how "plans" often times don't work out...ok it's not funny at all...but at least he's home

WHITE

Kennedy is starting to look so old! Her and Whit are looking so much a like...I can't decide which one is the cutest :)

Marci

Your poor husband, I would have given up and just sat there. I don't do well when things don't go according to plan.

Nikki

CRIMMANY! That is one long tri home! What a great day to make it though for Father's Day! Sounds like you had a good day in all.

Nikki

Wish you guys were coming to the beach! It would be great to see you all! I love your new comment photo! CUTE!!! Super long hair girl! How are you guys doing? I hope well after all the emotion of losing a loved one! We're thinking of you!!!