CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Update

We spent the day with Doug today. He took us to the cemetery and showed us where their plots were. Then we went to the funeral home to see the casket he had picked out, but is was closed. There are lots of decisions still to be made, but everything is closed for memorial day. Things will have to wait until next Tuesday. Lucky for us, Sharon has everything she wants written down, and all we have to do is try to make it happen. It's so like her, taking care of us even after she's gone.

She was such a special person, and she touched the lives of so many people. There were so many messages on their phone, and Doug was feeling overwhelmed with it all. Landon and I took turns calling people back, many of whom didn't know that she had passed away. That was really hard! I've never had the experience of telling other people, that someone that they loved has passed away. Very emotional. We took Doug out to dinner, and I think just being with the kids and family is really helping. He is going to be coming to church with us tomorrow. I don't think he's up to going to his own ward, and answering all the questions that are sure to come.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kinds thoughts and prayers. We are all doing pretty well. We are so blessed to have the knowledge and understanding of the plan of salvation. It's been such a comfort for all of us to know where she is, that she's better off, and that we will see her again. I can't imagine going through this, not understanding that!

3 comments:

Liz

I literally have thought about you guys non stop since Friday. Hang in there, I know this week will be one of the most exhausting things youve ever been through. Take all the help you can. Call if you need to talk.
Love you guys.

Nikki

Wow! I'm so glad you are there to help Doug. That has to be so hard to know what to say at those moments. I'm sure you will do great helping out! I hope things go well this week. We'll be thinking of you and praying for your comfort.

sara

this post made me cry...you are great people...how thankful i am for family, they are what helps you make it through the bumps and bruises of life.