CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oh Kennedy

How do I love Kennedy, let me count the ways! Kennedy was in her prime today! She loves to play hair dresser, and do Landon's' hair. She gets all of the combs and water and gel and goes to work. Today, she decided that he needed a haircut, and that she was just the girl to do it for him. Needless to say, Landon said NO. So, she snuck into our bedroom, locked the door, and gave herself a little trim. Luckily it was just a little bit off the bottom, and you can't even tell! This is not the first time that she has done this, but after the chewing out she got, it might just be her last!
Now then, my girls are not allowed to wear make-up until they're 12. Not even just playing around. (Kennedy has Whitley to thank for this rule) Anyway, this is no secret. This is not something that Kennedy doesn't know-in fact she has been in trouble before for sneaking in my bathroom and slapping on some make-up. Tonight when the home teachers came over, she thought it would be a great idea to slip into my bathroom and try on a little mascara! She came waltzing out like nothing had happened with mascara not only on her eyes, but on her cheeks and nose as well. (As a side note, she has the most amazingly long eye lashes and when she can wear make-up, she's going to be gorgeous) After our home teachers left, I questioned her about the make-up and she completely denied it-DUH! After much thought, her punishment was no dessert of any kind for 3 days. This doesn't sound like too much, but this is my child who asked for ice cream every single night.
For those of you who have the pleasure of knowing this sweet child of mine, you know this is just another day in the life. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. We are in for the ride of our lives with this one! I don't even want to think about how it's going to be around here in about 6 years!

2 comments:

Terese Hamilton

I love it!! I felt like I was reading all about Josie. Almost every night Jimmy and I talk about how scary it's going to be when she hits teenage years. The make-up, the boys, the cattiness, the lying and wanting to try EVERYTHING!

AHH!! Can they just stay 6 forever?

Mark and Karen

I feel for you Amy. I really do.