CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Farmers Market

We got up early this morning and went to the farmer's market. We have been waiting for this to open since we moved here. We love to wander through the market at look at all of the crazy, fun stuff that people are selling. Everyone had told us about the "salsa guy" and we weren't disappointed. We sampled all of his yummy salsa, and loved it! We got some Rainer cherries, and the most delicious breads you ever had!!We are already planning our trip back next Saturday for more bread. The kids ended up with some marshmallow shooters, and we've regretted ever since. I've been hit twice in the face, and man do those marshmallows hurt when they're moving that fast.For dinner tonight we had the missionaries come. We grilled some shish-kabobs, corn on the cob, homemade rolls (Rhodes rolls are as homemade as I get) salad and some great potatoes that I got from the pioneer woman's blog. We had eclair cake for dessert. All in all is was a great meal. Elder Keddington is from Centerville, UT and was so friendly. He's only been on his mission for 3 months! Elder Frost is from Gilbert, AZ!! Can you believe it. He is awesome. He goes home in November and can't wait. They taught the kids a little lesson on the Plan of Salvation. It was really cool to have them in our home. They were both such neat guys, and I can't wait to have them come over again.


So there you go. Another Saturday in the Moe Hole!

7 comments:

WHITE

That looked way fun! I love salsa, and that dinner you had last night sounds so dang good! Wish I was there to join you!

Terese Hamilton

How much fun - I love farmer's markets. My kids have those marshmallow guns too. They've caused hours of fun!

Liz

I WANT TO COME VISIT...YOUR FARMERS MARKET LOOKS SO FUN! I want to be a missionary and come to your house for dinner? Im gonna find the potato recipe!

STACEY

sounds like a great farmer's market. What a yummy dinner too!! And I LOVE marshmallow shooter. Mine usually take them apart and lose them on their own after a few days here.

sara

i love farmers markets...that one looks amazing....and your dinner for the missionaries sounds soooo good...how fun to have an elder from good ol gilbert....

steve and lisa

Amy
I AM IN GIRLs CAMP PREP. '#$%^@$%^$%^#$!' I tried to get to the pool but Kelcey was telling me that their flag for the opening cermonies was bigger then my punny flag - so I had to go get more material & make our flag A MONSTER flag! Cannot wait to get back from girls camp & die! I am going to go to the pool tomorrow!
No, we didn't give the Elder's Off-limits golf passes! But we did let them ride the Kawasaki & four wheeler! JUST KIDDING!
I think Wenetchee Wed. will have to wait until the week after I get back! You will have to go & tell me what the real world is like! I waited till the last minute to get a lot of crap done for camp & now I am paying for it! I will call you - & did you get a new phone????????? You NUT!!! Love Lisa

Loric

Hey! Jim's brother lives in Centerville. Ask him if he knows the Crooks. :)