CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Light Sabers and Port-a-Potty's

Sitting in the car at Whitley's practice with Colton. He leaves to use the port-a-potty. There's a little boy playing with his light saber. By playing, I mean he's at war with the air and a tree!! Colton comes back, and here's how our conversation goes...
Colton " Mom, how come port-a-potty's smell so dang GOOD?"

Me "What the- GOOD, what are you talking about?"

Colton "You know that little blue thing they have in there, that makes them smell good."

Me "Every port-a-potty I've ever been in smelled like everyone and their dog had just gone poop in them!"

Colton "Hmmm, I kinda like the way they smell with those blue things"

A few minutes later, after watching the little kid with the light saber...
Colton "See that kid?"

Me "yeah"

Colton "He thinks he's at war!"

Me "Yep, he's cute huh"

Colton "Do you know that if Jedi's were "real", I would be a "real" Jedi"

Me "You think so"

Colton "Yeah, you know why?"

Me "I can't imagine"

Colton "Because, one time, when we lived in Arizona, Uncle Jimmy shot me with my Nerf gun that shoots a whole bunch of bullets, and I blocked them all!"

Me "Wow, you really are a Jedi"

Colton "Yep"
I had just had the thought this morning after measuring to see who was taller, and learning once again that Colton had me by an inch, that he's growing up so fast. I am starting to have to look up at him, and he was starting to act pre-teenish! This little conversation blew that theory right out the window. He's still just the goofy little boy we love!


7 comments:

WHITE

I love Colton so much, I can't wait to see him!

Lori

That is a funny story. I can't believe he liked the smell! He must be an optimist and looks on the bright side of things. And yup, he's gonna be lots taller than you, so look out!!

brooke

This is funny. I'm glad Colton isn't growing up too fast. Sometimes I start to think Luke (who is almost 5) is growing up--he likes to tease me about being afraid of birds and stuff--and then he'll cry over something so dumb or play with baby toys and I remember how young he is.

Mark and Karen

Very funny story!

Rachel

I LOVE Colton! And miss him!

Terese Hamilton

I don't think boys ever really grow up! Fun story.

sara

that is hilarious...what kind of porta pottys has he been...i always walk away wanting to puke, and only enter if i might be hospitalized if i don't...and the jedi thing...love it!