CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Just the two of us

I had the rare opportunity to spend the whole day with just Kennedy today! The kindergarten teachers are having parent teacher conferences, so just the kindergarten has today and tomorrow off! It was just like old times. She had been the only one home with me for the last two years and as excited as I was for her to go to school, I have missed her. She was so nice all day. I took her to the gym with me. They have a small room where there's a tv and a bunch of toys and such to play with. When I picked her up, she told me that it was the worst day of her life! They only had baby toys, and that all the babies in there cried the whole time!

Then we met Landon for lunch. I told her she could pick where we went as long as it wasn't McDonalds (she loves that place). So we went to Burger King. After that we ran to the grocery store. She was a big help. She rode in the cart the whole time, and organized the stuff as I put it in!

Once we got the groceries put away, it was already time to get Colton and Whitley from school. Kennedy had picked out a treat for them and herself at the store, and was excited to give it to them.

We had a nice day together, and I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow. I thought these 2 days would be long with her since the weather is cold and there's not much to do around here, but I was wrong. Today just flew by and I'm sure tomorrow will to. I loved spending the day with you Kennedy and can't wait to do it again! I love you

2 comments:

Loric

Ahhhh. How nice for the two of you. I've wondered what it will be like when all the kids are gone to school. Hard to believe yours have all reached that point already. Seems like yesterday you were just bringing Kennedy home from the hospital. How time goes by. . .

Nikki

Sounds like fun! I'm starting to get that sad feeling when Porter goes off to school. One day I actually sat and bawled wondering what I was going to do when he's in school all day! I'm not so sure I will love it! Maybe I need to be a foster mommy for a new infant :) That could start this 3 ring circus all over again :)