CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

So far, so good (I guess)

So today was the first day that felt a little bit more like "real life" up here. Landon has been off work since we got here, so it's felt like we're on a vacation. I mean, there's always this nagging little voice saying "Holy Crap. You live here", but we've just been unpacking and playing with Christmas toys. Today, Landon went to work, but the kids were still here. They're getting anxious to start school, and try to make friends. We made it to Landon's work to have lunch with him, and then went to the grocery store. No wrong turns! I was pretty proud of myself. There is ice and snow off and on on the streets, so its way different than what I'm use to, but hey, I learned to drive in Utah. I can handle a little snow. I don't like it, but I can handle it. I feel myself settling in, and can't wait until next week and we get through that first day of school. Tomorrow we're going to the gymnastics gym to get the girls signed up. They do this baby sitting thing on Friday nights. I said to Landon, "Once people drop their kids off, what the heck do they go and do?" We had a good chuckle! I'm trying to stay positive, but this will never be home. I miss my friends and family tons. Thanks for all of the blog/email support. It keeps me going-
As far as the house, the company has rented us a 4 bedroom condo. It's very nice, but it's on the opposite side of the lake from the town. It's takes a while to get to stuff, but it is free. Once our house in AZ sells, we will buy a house "in town". YUCK, I can't believe I have to say "in town". I'll post some pics of our condo when I have more time tomorrow.

7 comments:

Ashley

It sucks living away from family. I never thought the Bay Area would be home (and while I still hope we get to move back to Utah someday) somehow it did become home. Good for you for getting around! I think a new place gets so much nicer once you are familiar with your Target and Bed Bath. (Please tell me your town has a Target. . . .) Actually tell us a lot more about the place! And good luck to your kids at school!

Unknown

I can't believe you went through with it. Now who am I going to visit teach!!!!! I was the absolute worst. I hope you guys have fun. I am glad you are a blogger and we can stay friends. You will definatly be missed.

WHITE

Hey, I am leaving a comment just to see if I even can...I am still trying to get everything unpacked from our move but as soon as I do I am going to get on this and learn how to do everything...I will even attempt to teach mom how to get on in between her and dads naps HAHA! I miss you guys a ton already, I am headed to your house tomorrow to rade your fridge, and get the mail. Love you :)

Nikki

It sounds like things are going well so far! Yea! That is so great. That is also great that the company is housing you for now! You can't beat that! I had to laugh when you said "in town" that seems like you live way out in the country on a farm! tee hee hee I hope the kids have a good first day at school! They will make friends fast I'm sure! Keep up the positive attitude! Think of this as a big adventure with a light at the end of the tunnel! ha ha

Amy

Sadly, our beautiful Moses Lake does NOT have a Target. It has all of the fast food restaurants. A Walmart (of coarse) and a safeway. The rest of what's here is local home grown shops! Oh wait, there's a Home Depot, and Staples. I think that about covers it. Everything that I am use to like Target, Ross, etc. is about an hour from here! That's right, I said an hour! One day at a time-

STACEY

The kids and i loved seeing the snow pictures. I was really impressed with the white air behind your yard!! WOW! Gymnastics will be a great way for the girls to make new friends - i am so excited for you! P.S. Becky Subers (neighbor...remember?) says HI and loves your short haircut.

Lori

Keep hanging in there. I love the snow pictures. The kids rosy cheeks makes it look really cold!! I hope you adjust quickly, and am glad you're keeping us posted on how you're doing!!