CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

I am thankful for...(#1)



So for my first photo of my 52 photos of things I'm thankful for, number one is the church. Specifically, the way it's organized! This seems like such an obvious thing to be thankful for. Today we went to our new ward for the first time. We were all a little nervous, but I explained to the kids it would be a new EXPERIENCE and to try their best. It was really nice. Tons of people came up and introduced themselves to us. Colton and Whitley both reported that they had already made a friend. Colton's friend is also going to be in his school class-YEAH! We had a couple already invite us to go out to dinner with them. She is the girls gymnastics coach. Another couple invite us over to their house for dinner. She is Colton's primary teacher, and the mom of Whitley's friend. She was very excited about Whitley, and was way helpful with info on the school/teacher etc. I feel so blessed to be a part of such an awesome organization. I don't know how people ever move without it.

3 comments:

Nikki

What a great photo! It's so pretty with the mountains in the background! I'm so happy that you had such a warm welcome in your ward. It will truly become your family as you are now so far from your genetic ones! I hope you gain great friendships with those gals there! What a great "experience" you had today!

Ashley

I agree, it would be so hard to move without the Church there to provide an automatic network and supply of friends and neighbors. That is so great that Colton and Whitley have friends already! Good luck with school!

Mark and Karen

I had the same experiences upon moving to Washington 7 months ago. (I can't believe it has been that long.) The people are so friendly here. I had invites all the time. I already have great friends that I feel comfortable calling upon for anything!