CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Fog, Ice, and a 2 Hour Delay


It has been foggy here off and on the whole time we've been here. I don't know if that's just part of the winter or what, but I'm sick of it! Sometimes it's so thick that you can't see 20 feet in front of you. Oh how I miss the sun.

I had to take Landon to work this morning because he turned his rental car back in and hasn't had time to buy a car. The roads were like an ice skating rink. I think I went about 20 mph the whole way.

About an hour later, I drove the kids to school on the same ice skating rink only to find out that they were having a 2 hour delay. We were the only people there! So we drove back home, and back again 2 hours later. I'm thinking, if I can drive here from clear on the other side of the lake (3 different times) surly the people that live 2 minutes away can get here. These people are wimps!

4 comments:

STACEY

Love the pictures. I think people here are wimps with the rain! come on...it's only a sprinkle!
Let us know how Whitley's meet goes.
Love the tree/fog picture!

Loric

Now around here I love it when we wake up and find something new like fog, but I imagine it would be a drag if it was all the time. Shall I mail some of our sunshine to your new P.O. box? :)

Nikki

tee hee hee....You are cracking me up! We have days like that here with that stinkin' inversion! It does get a little difficult after living with the beautiful bright sun for 6 years in AZ...but we're keeping positive :) That fog sounds a little eery though!

Mark and Karen

I love the fog and it happens regularly here too. Of course, I don't have to drive in it, just walk in it. We had ice fog this morning. The kids had fun "ice skating" all the way to school today!