CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Colton!


Today is Colton’s birthday! Wow-11 years. I can’t believe it. I am sooooo old. I’ll never forget the day or should I say night he was born. You hear it so often, but I really didn’t know I could love someone with that much intensity. There truly that “mother’s love” that happens to you when you have a baby. Colton has been a joy to have in our family. He’s very easy to raise, and I hope he continues to be that way. He has had many nick names over the years. A few of my favorites are munchie, coco, and HIS favorite mancub. His leaders and teachers have always commented on what a good kid he is. I never worry about how he’s going to behave, or choices he’s going to make when I’m not there. I’m so proud of him, and the young man that he’s becoming. Happy Birthday my little munchie-( that is the same height as me now!)



Ten things I love about Colton
1. His gentle nature. Colton is our peacemaker
2. His willingness to try new foods. Even green stuff!
3. His sense of humor. It’s getting better every day.
4. Colton is caring. He’s always concerned about how people feel. Once, when he was really little, he invited a kid to his birthday party that he didn’t really like very much, just because he didn’t want that little boy to feel bad. ( I told him that he shouldn’t invite him-mother of the year)
5. His athletic drive. He’s been begging to play tackle football for years now. I think this season Landon is finally going to give in
6. He’s a sniggler! I can always count on Colton to come in and lay by me and give me a kiss and tell me he loves me.
7. I love his brown eyes. He has the longest eyelashes. They should be on a girl!
8. Honesty. I know that I can trust what he tells me.
9. I love what a great big brother he is! The girls absolutely love him. He’s always willing to play a game, or read a book to them. He’s a great example for them to look up to, and they do. He’s also becoming a GREAT babysitter. Yeah!!
10. I love that I get to be his mother. I had no idea 11 years ago, how much this little spirit would teach me. I am truly a better person because of him. He is an old, wise spirit, and I often feel unworthy, and unable to be as good a mother as he deserves. I love you Colton, and am so happy that I get to share this life, and the eternities with you!

9 comments:

sara

children are amazing...this is such a sweet post...i feel a lot of the same things about my oldest...especially the unworthy to be his mother part...

Mark and Karen

That was so sweet. Please tell me your secret. I can't trust Kenny a minute alone. He's one of those kids who has to see for himself if something will break or hurt or whatever. He is also quite mean to his sisters, though sometimes he can be nice and I wonder what has happened. Don't get me wrong, I feel so blessed that he's my son but how do I tame him?!

Happy Birthday Colten!! I can't believe he is 11 either. Where has the time gone?

Amy

I wish I had a secret! He just came that way. Don't feel bad though, I have Kennedy-she pretty much runs the world, and if you disagree with her, watch out! I use to think that Whitley would give us the most trouble. Then we had Kennedy- I love her dearly, but she's a challenge

WHITE

I love Colton so much, give him a big smooch for me, Love you guys...

Lori

What a sweet kid he is, and Happy Birthday Colton!! I remember him skating along at the 1st grade ice skating field trip. He was a natural out there on the ice. I can't believe he's 11 now!!

Nikki

Tell Colton Garrett says "Happy Birthday!" ...me too! Isn't it crazy that our little guys are 11! I still can't believe how much they have grown up! Garrett is also a great babysitter and loves babies! All my neighbors love to have him come because he's so good with the 1--3 year olds :) Cute! Hope Colton had a fun day!

Ashley

What a darling, sweet kid! It is fun to get to know him a little bit through your blog. I hope my boys grow up to be like that. You are a good mom.

Loric

Happy Birthday COLTON! Sorry we're late!!! Gotta love Colton. What a neat kid. Megan and him sure share a lot of the same qualities. Your descriptions nearly described her.
Hope he had a good one!

Tara L. Stradling

Happy birthday to my former piano student. What a true joy you were and continue to be. Miss you guys oh so much!