CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

One Word Challenge!

one little word

A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. Today I want to introduce you to the idea that a single word can be a catalyst for enriching your life as well as your scrapbook layouts. Last year I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January - a word that I can focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. Last year my word was something I wanted to bring into my life in a more tangible way. It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word. (You can read the whole article here.)

My friend Nikki has done the "one word challenge" and I just loved the idea so I'm jumping on board! It seems like a great way to keep your goals realistic and to keep them fresh throughout the year with a little help from "your word"....stay tuned for my WORD OF THE YEAR...2008!


Along those same lines...
I'm joining Nikki in her great idea to post 52 photos of things I'm grateful for in 2008! It will start this Sunday with my first post, and continue each Sunday! I'm hoping it will help me look for the good this year! Anyways...here is what the project is about if you want to join in please do!


About 52 BlessingsOnce a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now days instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people.
It will be like a photo gratitude journal!

Thanks Nikki for the great ideas!

0 comments: