CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 7, 2008

First day at new school - SNOW DAY!

This is the view from my front door, across the street this morning

Are you kidding me?? I wake up this morning, and turn the news on (like I always do) to get a check of the weather. They're reporting snow, and there a ticker-tape at the bottom of the screen with all of the school delays going across. I see that Moses Lake is on there. So, we're suppose to start 2 hours late. No biggie. I call Landon to check on the Internet, just to make sure. Yep, it's starting 2 hours late. 5 minutes later, he calls me back and says it's been cancelled for the whole day. SNOW DAY! Snow day, on the first day? My kids were thrilled, and it did snow most of the morning. We went sledding all afternoon!


Today's EXPERIENCE-missing school because of snow

3 comments:

Crystal

Woo Hoo! Or maybe they just heard your kids were starting today and needed a little more time to prepare. :) In any case what a great way to start the year...that's good karma.

Loric

Now there's something you wouldn't get in Arizona! What fun! I'm sure your kids were thrilled to put off one more day of school. :)
~Lori

Mark and Karen

As soon as I saw the title I totally laughed. That's Washington for you!