CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First day of school - for real

The kids finally went to school today! Even though it was snowing worse this morning than it did yesterday. I don't get it! Anyway, when we got to the office, they were waiting for us. The office staff was all very friendly. Kennedy got in to all day kindergarten, so really nothing else matters. Landon and I met all of their teachers and they all seemed very nice. Of coarse, how would I know any different? They could all have crap, and I wouldn't know it! The great part is, that even though it was snowing when we left the house, my kids wouldn't wear their coats. (we're so from AZ) We found out at the school, that they would be going outside for recess. So I had to go all the way home, get their coats, and then deliver them to each of their classrooms. Tomorrow, they'll be wearing their coats! All in all, they had a good first day. Each one of them made at least one friend, and Whit says she's got 3 or 4. I'm just glad we're done with the whole suspense of what that first day will be like. Now they can just be normal kids at school.

5 comments:

Loric

Thanks so much for sharing these little events. I've really enjoyed following your experiences. I'm glad the kids are adjusting well. How about you? Any friends for Amy Johns?

STACEY

I am so happy for the kids!! I totally understand the no coats thing. Their grandma was perturbed about it one night until she saw a little 5 year old with no shoes on (name withheld)LOL.

WHITE

I am glad that the first day of school went pretty smooth. I thought about them all day, I miss them so much! They are such awesome little kids they will get in the mix of things very fast I am sure. I love you guys...now get your little behind over to the hair school, I am in serious need of a hair dresser! Also Rowdy and I will be coming sometime in March to visit, still trying to figure out the dates!

Lori

So nice to hear the first day went well. It's crazy to think of you there in all that snow. And too funny about the jackets. Did they try to go to school in flip-flops, too? I know my kids would want to!

Amy

I have actually found a girl named Debbie. She is the one that's Colton's primary teacher. I have talked to her a couple times on the phone, and she has been WAY helpful. Like Dr.s and soccer and dentists, and piano teacher etc. She's lived here for about 2 years, and knows exactly how I'm feeling. She says there's a group of about 4 or 5 women, who have all only been here for a little bit, and they sort of keep each other sane!