CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Heid Ho

Today is my little sister Heidi's birthday. I just have to give her a little shout out. She is my only sister, and is almost 9 years younger than I am. If you saw us together, you probably wouldn't even know we were related. She takes after my dad, and I take after my mom! She's tall, me-not so much. She has blue eyes, me-brown. She has big boobs, me-none! However, inspite of all of the differences, we are extrememly close. She is the one I think to call when I find a good deal, or see something funny, or just need someone to talk to.

She, like all of us, has had many trials to go through, and it's been amazing to watch her face them head on. I hope I can be that strong when I grow up!
When Landon and I were dating, and first married, she loved to perform for us. She use to make up dances and make us sit in the family room while she went through her "made up" routine. Landon still like to give her a hard time about that.

The last story I have to tell about her, is a classic in our family. When I was about 4 months pregnant with Colton, Landon and I took her out to dinner for Chinese food. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was full. After we had all finished eating, Landon noticed the cup of sweet and sour sauce that we had been dipping our won tons in, and bets Heidi that she couldn't suck up the the rest of the sauce through a straw. He said he'd give her 10 bucks if she did. Now remember, we're stuffed! Anyway, she's like 13 and figured it was worth 10 bucks. So, she starts to suck this sauce up, and half way through, she turns to me and laughs really hard. Well, the smell of her breath made me sick, and I puked all over the table! Needless to say, she wasn't able to finish the sauce, so she didn't get the money. Her and Landon still go around and around about whether or not she should've got the money!
She's the best, and I'm so lucky to have her as my sister. I love ya, Heid Ho!