CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Piano Recital





















Colton and Whitley had their piano recital today. Their teacher had it at an assisted living center, which I thought was such a great idea. There were several residents that were able to come in and enjoy the program with us. Whitley played Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring and Colton played Eine kleine Nachtmusik. They are both doing very well with the piano. I'm so grateful that we are able to provide them with the opportunity to learn how to play. I grew up playing the piano, and I hated it. I swore that when I was a mother I would NEVER make my kids play. Now, as a mother, I realize the benefits of exploring many different talents. Even if they don't want to! Since getting our piano I've been playing more and more, and realize what a blessing it is that I am able to still play-thanks mom.

2 comments:

Loric

Yeah!! I'm so glad you got them started on that. And happy to hear that they enjoy it and you too! Wouldn't mind hearing you play one of these days. . .after all those years of lessons, you know?

Rachel

I love the assisted living center idea. Awesome!