CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Black and White

There are some conversations that I just have to record, because sometimes I simply can't believe what my kids say. This is one of those times.

Yesterday was the first time that we had been to our pediatrician here in Moses Lake. He came highly recommended, and I was anxious to meet him. As I drove the kids there I was explaining to them, that their new Dr. was a big, black man. Now, clearly I have no problem with this, I just like to warn my kids when something they're not use to is going to happen. So I tell them he's a great Dr. and that I think we're really going to like him. Colton asks me "why did you tell us he was a big, black man? Does that make a difference?" Of coarse not, I just wanted to let you know.

Anyway, the nurse calls Whitley from the waiting room, and we all get up to go in. She is being "shadowed" by a training nurse for the day. He is a small, blond, white guy. He has on white scrubs from top to bottom. He couldn't be more WHITE! They take us into our room, check Whitley out a little, and then leave us to wait for the Dr. After they left, Colton turns to me, in all seriousness and asks, "was that guy our Dr?" You mean the small, blond, white guy? Does he look black to you????

Sometimes I wonder why I even talk at all! Clearly no one is listening-

2 comments:

Rachel

Got a laugh out of me!

Liz

big black/small white guy...whatever. of course they were listening, it is so obvious. give your kids some credit! hee hee