CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bio Hazard

A couple of weeks ago, Whitley crashed off her bike. She got some nice road rash on her elbow and cut a little chunk out of her ring finger. You know, the kind that still has a flap of skin hanging on it! I washed it all up, and kept a band aid and neosporin on it for a few days, and called it good. Never thought about it again, until this morning! I woke Whit up, and while she was stretching I noticed that her finger was black and red and swollen. Yea, I said BLACK! I asked her if that was from her bike accident and she says "I thinks so". I asked if it was sore, and she said "only when I touch it!"






I give some serious thought to taking her downstairs, and having a go at it, but then decide that that might be the brightest idea I've ever had. I make an appt. with her pediatrician (who we've never seen before) and go in to have it checked out. Long story short, they take a big needle and poke a hole in it to see what comes out. Thankfully, not much. So Dr. is just a diggin' in this wound, and Whit is being such a trooper. After two needles, and way too much digging, he finally pops out this little black rock! They put it in a bio hazard bag for her to take it home.

I felt like such a fool. I had been the one to wash it out-score one for me. Anyway, they wash the wound out, and put neosporin and a band aid on it, and send me away with a prescription for Augmentin just in case there's infection.







The funny part is, that the whole time we're going through this drama, I have Colton snapping pictures of the event so I can blog about it later! He's not the best photographer, but there are a couple of shots that will help us remember this better.


4 comments:

Loric

OUCH!! What a trooper. That does not sound like fun at all Whitley. So sorry. And Amy, don't be too hard on yourself, I'm impressed that you even cleaned it up. Better mom than me.

Kirsten

I'm seriously impressed how she wasn't whining about it all along. my kids tend to give me regular updates on every little owie whether it hurts or not. They particularly like to show me scabs. And I love how life after blogging changes. " Purse, keys, insurance card, camera so I can blog about it, do I need anything else?"

Rachel

OUCH! That sounds awful!

Liz

This reminds me of when we took that big spill on the bike in jr.high, and they were pulling rocks out of your knees for weeks. Not to mention, stitches. Sorry bout that!!