CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yakima-check

We have been in Yakima, WA. at yet another soccer tournament this weekend. Thankfully, this is Whit's last tournament of the season. We decided since we'd never been to Yakima, that instead of driving down super early Saturday morning, and back home that night, that we'd make the weekend of it, and see what there was to EXPERIENCE in Yakima. NOT MUCH!!
Friday I was fighting a cold all day, and so we didn't decide to leave until 6ish Friday night. We headed out thinking that we'd just grab a hamburger along the way. It takes about an hour and a half to Yakima and let's just say there's nothing between here and there! We got there about 8pm, and we were starving!! Luckily there was an Olive Garden right by our hotel. We went straight there.
(trying to keep Whit cool)

We got up Saturday morning, had our free continental breakfast, and then it was off to the tournament. It was 97 degrees in Yakima on Saturday! She played 3 games. 9am, 12:30pm, and 3:30pm. After the first game, we headed back to our hotel, to get things cleaned up, and cool off. Then back to the tournament. After the second game we ran to Miners for a hamburger. Supposedly this was THE place to go for lunch! We thought it was good, but nothing to write home about! Then it was back for one last game!
We were all soo hot, that we went straight back to our hotel and got in the pool! We played and swam for a couple of hours, and then went out to a local Mexican food restaurant. We did a little shopping, got our Costco supplies and headed home. There wasn't a whole lot to do in Yakima, but there's one more spot on the map that we can cross off--been there, done that!

(the kids hanging out in the hotel room)

I didn't take many pictures. I couldn't remember my camera. I spent the whole time wishing I had my camera with me!

3 comments:

STACEY

All Ashley could say was "WOW!" in an amazed and awed tone. 3 games in one day "WOW!" Way to go Whit!!

Rachel

You are such a good mom. It seems like all you do is play with your kids.

Lori

My Aunt and Uncle used to live in Yakima when I was growing up, and we went and visited them a couple of times. I remember thinking it was so cool to go there, but then I guess I was just excited to be visiting my cousins. Come to think of it, all we did do there was hang out and ride bikes to the Dairy Queen. I'm glad you could take a little trip. It sounds like you have lots of fun little trips you've taken. How nice you get to see another part of the world!