CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

TV is NOT real

Every once in a while, a tv show comes along that you really connect with. When I say connect, I mean it starts to consume your brain. Seinfeld was just that kind of show for Landon. Now, I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy Seinfeld, but Landon still watches every episode that he ever finds on tv, and has all of the seasons on DVD. He can integrate a Seinfeld moment into almost every situation. Having said that, today's adventure makes more sense.

Landon has a 5-6 mile commute to work. He never drives to lunch, so he really only drives his car 11-12 miles per day. Saturday night, he noticed that his gas light had just come on. Now most sane people would go get gas for the upcoming week. Landon decided to pull a Kramer. There's a Seinfeld episode where Kramer goes to test drive a car and talks to salesman to drive around all day to see how far they can go without getting gas. Landon tells me that he's going to try to go until Friday without gas. I say he's nuts, and not to call me for help when he runs out of gas.
This morning around 9:30 I am just leaving Target, and my phone rings. It's Landon and he says that he was leaving a meeting at one of the buildings at Genie, and that his car had just stopped. He wasn't sure what was wrong, and was wondering if I could come and help him. The first thing I said was, "What do you mean you don't know what's wrong. You're outta gas ya moron!" I tell him that I will come and get him, but only because I'm at Target and it's about 2 minutes from his work.

I pick him up and take him to the gas station where he buys yet another gas can. We take it back to his truck and fill it up. He starts the engine, and acts almost surprised that that's what was wrong. Like he was expecting something different? All he could say was that the gas needle was not past E and that his gage must be reading wrong. All I'm saying is that the next time you think you might try to reenact a scene from Seinfeld, you better call Jerry for help!

6 comments:

Alisa

So funny I laughed out loud. I hope you guys are doing well, now that you have both cars fueled up and all.

Kirsten

oh that is hysterical- John likes to quote the soup nazi fairly regularly "no soup for you!" but he has yet do actually take any tips from the show on how to live your life.

Mark and Karen

Get out!!! Imagine that phrase with a push and you've got my interpretation of Elaine.

Too funny! You gotta love husbands and their insane ideas.

Liz

Funny. Sounds like something your dad would do! And I'm glad to see you talk to him the same way you always talk to me! Nothin' but love babe!

Nikki

Still laughing a day later! That is a crack up! I cannot believe you caved and helped him though. I didn't think you would! Too funny!

Rachel

Classic, classic, classic!