CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away

Ever since we got here I've been meaning to post about the rain. Everyone we meet keep "warning" us about the rain. To me it is the equivalent to the heat in AZ. Like when you meet someone that has just moved there, you almost pitty them that they have no idea what the heat is "really" gonna be like. Plus, you know how to live in it, and how to avoid it-more or less. Well, it seems to be the same here with the rain. People keep saying, "ya know it's gonna rain", or "you probably won't see the sun until June".


There's been rain off and on since we got here, but for the most part it's been nice. In fact, a lot of the time, the rain is more like a mist. It comes and goes off and on all throughout the day, when it's rainy.

( I took this picture with my cell in my car)

UNTIL TODAY! It's been pouring rain all day long. I don't mean a little mist, or even a drizzle, I'm talking major rain storm mixed with a little hail! I just got back from taking Colton to his new ortho, and as I took him back to school he was asking if I thought they'd still be outside for recess? I didn't think in a million years that they would sent the kids outside in this storm. Boy was I wrong. As we got to the school, there were all the kids, most of them in their rain jackets, playing outside like the sun was shining. They didn't even seem to notice that they were sopping wet. Can you imagine what their classrooms will smell like when they all get back inside. Can you say WET DOG-

Well, I guess we chalk this one up to another new EXPERIENCE, and be darn grateful that we have raincoats

4 comments:

Mark and Karen

Welcome to the great North West!! It actually isn't as bad for us as you guys in the Seattle area. We do actually get mostly drizzle with few good rain storms here and there. I believe we have more sunny days as well.

Yeah, people do things regardless of the weather, like soccer in snow. Soccer practice and games are on no matter what (unless there is the RARE lightning storm).

I'm in walking distance from the school and we walk rain or shine. It's better then fighting the traffic in the school parking lot. You'll get used to it.

Mark and Karen
This comment has been removed by the author.
WHITE

I would give my left arm for some rain! The sun has offically worn out its welcome!

steve and lisa

Amy
Clear blue skies here in the mole hole! But, I am sure you DON't miss it! I miss you though. Talked with Deb today - she sounded good. She said she cries each time before she goes in for chemo. Made me so sad for her. We have to get together next year with her & live life to the fullest!!! If you know what I mean?!!!!!!!! Have fun in the rain & remember the year plan! Love Lisa