CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

That's Miss to you

Ya know what word I really hate. Ma'am. Landon and I were at lunch yesterday and the server (who was at least my age, maybe older) kept calling me ma'am. Somewhere along the path of life, I went from being a miss to a ma'am. I'm not sure how that happened, but I don't like it. I don't feel like a ma'am. Well, okay sometimes I feel much older than a ma'am and I realize that I am actually 30 something, but most of the time I feel like a miss. What is the magic number anyway, when we go from miss to ma'am. I think someone should've warned me. I will tell you this. When I'm at a restaurant, and the server refers to me as miss, you can be darn sure that they'll be getting a fat tip from me!

4 comments:

steve and lisa

Well Miss Amy!
I MISS you!!! Just chilling & hanging on our Weds. A little craziness here in the mole hole! Don't you just hate growing up!! Tell my kids all the time that is NOT fun to grow up!! Love Lisa p.s. - didn't get a picture of Deb, but she looked so good! So cute in her hat! LOVED her House! I will call you next week! Lisa

Liz

Amen sista....you go girl, i mean...miss!

sara

i remember the first time someone called me ma'am at the grocery and i looked around to see who they were talking to...and there was no one there but me...it was a sad day...i hear ya...i would much rather be called miss!!!!

brooke

I especially hate being called Ma'am by the teenagers bagging my groceries. Maybe it's because I know they think I'm their mom's age.