CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Costume DRAMA

There has been some serious costume drama at our house this year. We started out with a dead bride, the devil and "I don't think I'll dress up this year. I'm just gonna hand out candy". A couple of weeks ago we went to actually buy their costumes, and that's when everything changed.

Colton found this huge sword that he thought was too cool, and then decided he could be the grim reaper. Not too bad. It's hard to find a "good" costume for Colton anymore, that is age appropriate since he is in men's sizes! So I was quite pleased with his decision.

Bless Whitley's heart. She knew she wanted to be the devil, and stuck to her plan! Onto Kennedy. This is where the drama begins. When we got to the costume shop, the dead bride costume was way too big for her. She couldn't find anything else she wanted, and I had seen it on ebay in her size. We came right home and ordered. After almost 2 weeks of waiting, it still wasn't here. Our trunk or treat was fast approaching and we needed a dead bride. So I emailed the seller, and inquired where the package was. She said it had been delivered to Gilbert, AZ on the 20th! YIKES. Somehow, ebay had given her our old address. So I called my sister and out of the goodness of her heart, she went to our house (where we now have people renting) and asked them for the costume. They had no idea what she was talking about! After more investigating, we found out that it had been forwarded to our old PO Box in Moses Lake, and they had returned it to sender since we no longer had a box there. Luckily for the trunk-or-treat we had an old witch costume of Whitley's that wasn't too big. I have since emailed the sender AGAIN begging her to overnight Kennedy's costume if she gets it in time. She says she doesn't have it yet, but will let me know.
I guess the moral of the story is STOP FREAKIN' MOVING SO MUCH-YOUR MAIL CAN'T KEEP UP WITH YOU!

3 comments:

Kirsten

nobody would fault you if you made one more move (back to AZ)-

Lori

That is too funny. What a mess. Hope you get it before Halloween!!

WHITE

I love Whitley and Coltons costumes...Whitley looks so old! I hope you get Kennedys costumes figured out soon or there will be no living with her :) Love you guys hope you have a good Halloween!