CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween 2008

I am OFFICIALLY Halloweened out! Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Halloween as much as the next guy, but I'm done. I started the day out at Kennedy's class Halloween party. All of the kids wore their costumes, and they had several activity centers for them to do.

Just before we took the class picture, Mrs. McGuire asked if anyone would mind sitting like this on the floor so they could all fit in the picture. Kennedy and her friend Taylin jumped at the chance. Look how happy they are to be there!

Last night we went to a Halloween party with a bunch of friends from our neighborhood. We ate Navajo tacos, apple crisp, and homemade root beer (just to mention a few). The kids bobbed for donuts, cleaned out their pumpkins and ran around! When we got invited to the party, my friend told me that we were to dress up-even the adults. Landon and I don't usually dress up. I know I know, boring. But it's been a long time. So I told Lan that we needed costumes, and after seeing a picture of our friends dressed up, he said he'd do what they did. So I ran all over town trying to put together a couple of costumes. Here we are as Isaac and Julie from the Love Boat. The funny thing is that when we got there, we were the ONLY adults dressed up!
After the party we came home and finished carving our pumpkins. Very serious business.

Tonight the kids put on their costumes one last time, and went out trick-or-treating. Landon drew the short straw and is out with them. I am home handing out candy, and baking some yummy pumpkin bread!

(Kennedy's costume update. Obviously the dead bride never showed up!)

Happy Halloween!! Until next year-

10 comments:

Alisa

You guys rocked the Isaac and Julie! How funny that the dress up joke was on YOU!

Hope you guys had a fun one. I, too, am a little Halloweened out.

Liz

I'm with ya...I love Halloween, but when can I take down the decorations? I am bored of the clutter. And I'm tired of running around like a chicken with my head cut off! Sorry about the dead bride costume not showing up...sad!

Liz

I forgot...Julie and Isaac...priceless! I can't even catch my breath I'm laughing so hard!

Mark and Karen

You guys looked great, I love it!
Oh to have some pumpkin bread right now...

Rachel

Awesome Isaac and Julie. I want to see a side by side of the two lovely couples.

sara

love the costumes...that is hilarious...when i was young i was a die hard love boat watcher (they need some reruns of those)...and i can't believe all the halloween happenings you have attended and the food for the party sounds so yummy and i love pumpkin bread...my kids wish i was more into halloween, i think next year i may just surpise them, we'll see, i may even buy pumpkins....

brooke

I am laughing out loud at you and Lan dressed up as Isaac and Julie and no one else dressed up! You look pretty sweet though. Halloween has so worn out its welcome. Onto the good holidays--bust out the nog!

STACEY

You guys look great and now you have a costume for next year!

Loric

You make a lovely couple!! I think I met your look-a-likes down here. :) And thanks for the update on Kennedy's costume. . .I was wondering. Looks like you had a great halloween!

Nikki

Okay..love the costumes...all of them even though the Dead Bride never showed up! She was a cute witch! Glad to know that Colton actually went out T&T cuz my boys thought they had to also! When is the cut off age anyways...some freaky 20 year olds came to my house! WEIRD!!! Looks like you had lots of fun and great yummy food!