CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tide-pool

Today I had an experience unlike any other. It started out like any other day. I put in a load of laundry just before I left to walk the kids to school, and then went right to yoga. My plan was to come home and clean the house before Landon got home from Moses Lake, help decorate Kennedy's classroom for Halloween, and then take Colton and Whitley to the Dr. for flu shots. Most of that happened without a hitch.
When I got home from yoga, I went right to work cleaning the downstairs bathroom. I was hoping to get done in time to watch my recording of Biggest Loser before I had to go to school. Anyway, I hauled all of my cleaning stuff and vacuum upstairs to start up there. When I got to the top of my stairs, I could really smell the laundry. Now, I LOVE the smell of laundry and I thought it was nice. A little stronger than usual, but still nice. I went in to clean the kids bathroom, and then remembered that I needed to change the laundry over. I got to the door of the laundry room, and saw that about 4 inches of the carpet outside the door was bright blue! Then I opened the door. I have a front load washer, and that sucker spins so fast! My new bottle of Tide was sitting on the washer, and was thrown off when it started to spin. The lid broke, and it proceeded to flow out all over my floor. It looked like a swimming pool! My entire laundry room floor was covered in a thick layer of Tide. Let me tell you something. Tide and linoleum-not a good combo. I was soaking it up with towels, and slippin' and slidin' all over the place. I steam mopped the floor about a dozen times, and it still feels sticky! Not to mention the carpet. I steamed that forever as well, and it's still a light shade of blue.

I have really learned this past year that everything happens for a reason. The only silver lining I can come up with for this one, is that my house smells-no wreaks- of fresh laundry. Which is the BEST smell ever!

4 comments:

WHITE

That is the best accident ever! I love the smell of tide!

Lori

Way to look on the bright side. What a mess! (But like you said, at least it smelled good!)

Liz

That is so funny...guess what? That happened to me about a month ago, I had the costco size Tide on top of my front loader and brandon went down to change it and yells upstairs, "oh *&@%, it looks like someone was murdered down here!" I went running down, and it was the exact same sight. We were laughing histerically because we were slipping all over too.
It is really hard to clean up huh?

brooke

That story has such a I love Lucy feel to it. I can just imagine you slippin and sliding around trying to clean it up. I once had an experience at work where I put regular dish soap into the dishwasher and started it. Bubbles and soap started foaming out and the whole kitchen floor was covered. I was married at the time but had still never started a dishwasher in my life. pretty sad.