CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Secret Traditions

I have a tradition. If I am ever, for any reason, at a mall with a See's Candies I will go in for a sample, and a chocolate for the road. My girls have caught on to my little secret, and as soon as they know we're headed for a mall they know their gonna get the good stuff. Until now, this was our little secret!

Before we moved to WA, I went on a girls weekend getaway with 3 of my best friends. We stayed in Scottsdale and had a blast. Just before we went home we went out for lunch. My friend Rachel suggested we eat at the Nordstrom Cafe. I hadn't ever eaten there, but it sounded good. I mean, it's Nordstrom, right? It did not disappoint! It was delicious. Fast forward to today.Landon and I ended up at Nordsrom looking for some "good" jeans. We got done shopping and were headed for lunch, and I remember the Cafe! It was as good as I remembered. The tomato basil soup is to die for. I decided when I left, that this definitely needed to become another secret tradition. I vowed then and there that I would never be at the mall at lunchtime again and not eat at Nordstrom Cafe.

5 comments:

Ashley

That is so fun. My Mom is all about getting a Sees every time she goes to the mall. Going to the Nordstrom Cafe sounds so delightful. Did you ever go to that cafe at ZCMI at Cottonwood mall? That totally reminds me of my childhood. Tell us more about your nice jeans!

Rachel

You're maing me hungry. When you come down this is straight where we are headed!

brooke

My comment was going to be exactly what Ashley said. Did you get nice jeans? I love Nordy's cafe and Sees.

Amy

I tried a bunch on after reading all of the info on your post about jeans. I really like the Hudsons and the True Religions. I hated the Joes! Anyway, I still haven't bit the bullet. It's alot of money for jeans. I am going to get some, it's just a matter of time! I'll let you know what I come up with.

sara

ok i too always have to stop by see's...i used to work at Nordstroms in CA...the cafe is awesome, and by the way the rice krispy treats they make are definite happiness!