CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Exercise Makes Landon Nauseous

When you get older the quantity of food you can inhale and still not balloon up, starts to change. I don't like it. Not one bit. I'm the kind of person that is willing to run my guts out every morning, just so I can come home and eat pancakes for breakfast! This has been working okay for me for years. I just love food way to much, to diet. However, this method only works when you actually do the running. When you take a running hiatus, but keep up the eating, the results are not good!
Landon and I have found this out the hard way. Okay, mostly me. So January 1 I started anew. I worked out with my trainer, and have been back on the wagon ever since. About a week before the Christmas break, a group at Landon's work decided to do a Biggest Loser contest and asked him to be in it. I told him go for it, but that he was just donating his 20 bucks. So he's been the first 3 weeks of this contest without changing a thing. Eating anything and everything, and no exercise in sight. (And you can't count the WII balance games as exercise, sorry Lan)

This morning he decided he needed to try to get serious about this. I've been trying to get him to workout with me forever, so I was in! We got up early to do this 10 minute workout (you gotta start off easy). We got through it, some of us easier than others, and then he went to get ready for work, and I started getting the kids up and eating.
About 20 minutes later, he came down to get something to eat. He wasn't saying much, and had a funny look on his face. I kept asking him if he was okay, and he was just sort of grunting at me. He got down a 1 cup measuring cup, poured himself 3/4 C. of cereal with 1/2 C. of milk on it. He kept saying he was nauseous. Midway through his cereal he had to go out back and get some fresh air! The kids and I were laughing hysterically.
Poor Landon. I asked him if he was going to do another 10 minute workout tonight, and he said NO! He's gonna try it again on Wednesday. Don't want to do too much-

6 comments:

brooke

The scary thing is he will probably win the contest doing absolutely nothing. Men can lose weight so quickly with so little effort. I'm with you--I will work out like a mad woman just to come home and eat a bag of Oreos. I have no self-control.

Ashley

The great thing about blogs is that stories like this can be broadcast for all the world to see! I agree with Brooke, he should just sit back and eat his ice-cream/milk bowl every night and then collect the prize.

Rachel

Landon and I are like twins.10 minutes and I would have taken the day off of work.

fourthfoods

Im peeing my pants. I know you, and Im sure you just laughed your head off...poor Landon! Better luck on Wednesday! We have the same thing going on at our house, but it's me that gets nauseous! Brandon thinks hes back in 1993! What the heck.

Pandy

Mark can cut out soda and Ding-Dongs and lose 20 pounds in a couple of weeks - not that he would.

I, on the other hand, hired a personal trainer a few months ago and worked out with him three days a week. I worked out five days a week and almost killed myself. (My trainer was an ex-Ranger) I'm proud to announce that after 3 months, I gained 2 pounds. NO JOKE!!

I've decided to just hang out with fat people. They make me feel thin.

sara

ok that is soooooo ME...i loved this post...reading this made me laugh so hard...i too would be needing a breath of fresh air!