CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Word for 2009

Last January I decided to pick a word to focus on for the year. We had just moved to WA (if you'll recall, I wasn't a bit happy about it) but was going to try to make the best of the situation. I mean, I was already there -not much I could do. Since we had just made our move and everything was going to be new I went with the word "EXPERIENCE". It was the perfect word for last year. We had so many new experiences-some bad, but mostly good. I can't tell you how many times we said "well that was a new experience". So I decided to pick another word to focus on this year. I gave this a lot of thought, because last years' word had been so perfect for me. The word that kept coming back to me time and time again was...




...PEACE


I have learned a lot about life in this past year, and one of them is that when you listen to the Lord, He really does know best. Even when you think you know better, when you look back you realize how wrong you were. I am a very stubborn, strong willed, independent woman, and this concept is not easy for me. To just put my own will aside, and follow His takes a lot of humbling on my part. Okay, on every one's part.


So this year I'm going to focus on being at PEACE with my life and not always trying to change it. To know that I am where my Heavenly Father wants me to be right now, and I'm doing the best I can. I'm going to try to be at PEACE when my kids don't do everything exactly the way I would have done. They are their own people, and it's becoming more and more evident each day. I'm going to try to be at PEACE when I can't get everything done that I want to because there just aren't enough hours in the day. I'm going to even try to be at PEACE with Landons side of our closet. And his side of the bed, and his night stand, and his boxes of "stuff" that he has in the garage that are really important, yet he hasn't opened them in years. I'm going to be at PEACE with all of it. Or at least I'm going to try!

7 comments:

Kirsten

Good word! we could all use a little more peace!

brooke

I totally feel that way right now. I have always known the Lord knows way more than I do and always makes things work out for the best but I just need to trust him more. What a good reminder. I need to make peace with a messy house.

Kelly

That is a great word and your entire post was exactly what I needed to hear. I am having a very hard time finding peace in anything right now. But, the Lord does not give us things we can not handle...so here's to more PEACE in everyone's life for 09!

Pandy

Amy, you are a wise one with a great reminder. I love your idea of choosing a positive word to focus on. When I had 3 little kids at home my word was SURVIVE..and I kept it for years.
Your words are far more impressive.

Allison

i love it. i think we could all use this on our New Years Resolution list! i know i struggle with it daily! my husband & I got the "one word" idea from your blog last year, and love it. it's such a great way to simplify and focus a resolution. thanks for the idea...i'm sure i'll use it the rest of my life! :)

Liz

What a great idea and a great word. I too could put that one to use. Thanks for the push to be at "peace."

Loric

Nice write up. Thank you. I thought your word last year was so perfect for you and I see the promise in this year's word as well. . . got a good one for me?