CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Movin' on Up!

When I had Colton, I remember feeling like my heart had grown legs and jumped out of my chest, and was now sleeping in my arms. Now my little heart is headed to Young Mens. Today was Colton's last day in primary. I can't believe it. We spotlighted him, and sang Happy Birthday to him. He is so ready to move on. I remember being that age, and thinking that I was way to old to still be in primary. Now I have a child that is that old. As I sat in the back and watch him, I was flooded with different emotions . But most of all I'm proud. I'm proud of the person he is, and the person he is striving to become. I'm not sure what I did in heaven to deserve him, but I sure got lucky. I know I've said it before, but I'm sure he is a much older, wiser soul than I am.

So good luck Colton. You're starting on a whole new adventure. Be strong. Remember who you are, and what you've been taught. Don't be afraid to stand alone! And most of all, know how much I love you-

9 comments:

steve and lisa

Cannot believe how fast the years fly by!! Girls, YM, scouts, (hopefully better scouts!) etc. Ugh! Just want time to stop for a while!! Colton is such a great kid! I bet the YM leaders are excited for him to get into YM! I finally opened a facebook account - sent a friend request to you!! Deb was telling me how she is throwing out threats to you!! Hee hee! She said we just ignore her 'don't keep in touch threats!' I was cracking up! She makes me smile! Miss ya! Love Lisa

Kelly

That was just sweet!! I can't believe your oldest is 12!!

Ashley

It is so bittersweet to watch kids grow up. Colton seems like the best kid!

Pandy

There will be many more rites of passage for Colton. They are true happy/sad moments. It's funny that we prepare our kids for all the right steps and when they take them, they seem to move further away from us. I always tell my parenting classes that the purpose of parenting is to GET RID OF YOUR KIDS. It's an absolute, painful truth. When we dropped Jon off in Provo for his mission, I thought my heart would jump right out of my chest. I starting dreading him leaving almost the minute he was born. But, it was exactly what we had wanted for him. Parenthood is full of paradoxes. Congrats to Colton for being such a great son. And congrats to you and Landon for being such great parents. You must have done something really right!

Liz

Uhhhhhhhh. My heart is heavy thinking about it. I can't even believe it. Hannah will go this summer, and I'm happy and sad at the same time. I swear we just had them yesterday! Good luck Colton...Auntie Liz loves you! CTR CTR CTR

Liz

Hey, call me today if you can...I need to talk to you about something. I don't have your new #

brooke

This is so sweet. Colton is a great kid--next thing you know he'll be leaving on his mission--not what you want to hear!

sara

time does fly...i love it that two of our boys now hold the priesthood..i think that is my favorite part of the whole movin on up thing...

WHITE

I cried reading this, call it being prego...but I think it is because I love that kid like he was my own. I wish so bad we where there to see him recieve the priesthood. I can't believe how fast he grew up!!! I really don't think he will ever give you any trouble, he is just to stinkin nice of a kid. Whitley and Kennedy on the other hand...GOOD LUCK!!! :)