CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

Lately I have been into yeast. I know that sounds so random, but it's true. I really want to not be so afraid of it. I want to have the smell of freshly baked bread wafting through my house. I decided to start off easy, and not jump right into trying to bake 8 loaves of bread every Monday to have for the week. Maybe someday I'll be that mom, but I doubt it. So I've been practicing. I've tried a couple different dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls, these swedish roll things (which is so far our favorite) and a cinnamon swirl bread (that one sounds better than it was. Needs some tweaking). Anyway today being Labor Day and all, we are having our families over for a BBQ. I decided to make some rolls. I got out my Lion House Recipe book, and found their rolls. My problem with dinner rolls has been the shape. Plain old boring round rolls is just not cutting it. I want to be a bread maker, not just some round roll boring maker. I told you, I'm in to it! So I got online, and found a clip of the Lion House baker and how she shapes her rolls. Now I'm in business.
See how they're all rolled up like that. Almost croisant like, and yet NOT! I'm giddy. I didn't get a shot of them once they were all puffed back up, or baked. Trust me, once they come out of the oven they don't stick around too long.
Whitley my trustee helper brushing these little beauties with butter. Everything's better with butter.

After the rolls were finished, we spend some time relaxing in the pool. These three goons crack me up! We had a great dinner with our families, ate too much, and watched a football game. I'd say we had a pretty great weekend.
PS. Happy Birthday to my little brother Matt. Love you

0 comments: