CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 24, 2010

Ear Infection

Two weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night with intense pain in my right ear. Aching really. My teeth hurt. I couldn't lay on the right side of my head. I put some drops in my ear on Saturday trying to fix the problem, and by noon was completely deaf in that ear. It felt like I had water in my ear that I couldn't shake out. AHHHHH.
Finally Sunday morning I gave in and went to urgent care. The doctor said I had a massive ear infection, put me on some antibiotics and medicated ear drops and sent me on my way. After three days of being deaf in that ear, the swelling finally went down and the pain went away. I took the 10 days worth of antibiotics and figured I was done. Fast forward to last night. I went and played volleyball with our ward, and felt fine. When I was getting ready for bed my ear started to feel sore. I put some medicated drops in hoping to clear up any infection that might be lingering. NOT. More drops in this morning, and by 3pm on this afternoon I knew I had to head back to urgent care. They flushed my ear, which is a special treat if you've never had that done, and then looked in and said everything looked fine. I wasn't going for that since my ear was throbbing. The doctor gave me another round of super strong antibiotics and sent me on my way. Meanwhile, Landon is suppose to be taking Colton to do baptisms for the dead with his friend, and both my girls had soccer practice. I am sitting there with my ear dripping, giving Landon instructions on who to call for rides, and how to get Colton where he needs to be. Thank goodness our friends just waited for Lan and he was able to go with Colton after all. The girls made it to practice and I got don in time to pick everyone up.

I'm crossing my fingers this round of antibiotics works. This whole ear infection business is nasty. I feel so bad for babies!