CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 2, 2009

I REALLY Don't Like Winter

I am having the mid-winter blues. This is the first real winter that I've been through in 10 years. 10 YEARS!! Even though we moved to Moses Lake last year in January, we had missed half of the winter. So this winter seems to be dragging on and on and on! The thing that's weird about Seattle is that it will be rainy and yucky for days, weeks on end. And then one day you'll wake up and it will be 68 degrees with bright blue skies! You think, "finally the spring is here. I made it". And then you wake up a day later to more snow! It's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde! Well I'm sick of it. I'm sick of wearing a coat. I hate shoes and socks, hate them. I just want to put on my beloved flip flops. I hate umbrellas. But most of all, I HATE being cold all the time. I just want the freakin' sun to come out and stay. I'm not even demanding that it be hot. I'll even take the 60's. But I'm am officially done with this whole winter idea!

7 comments:

Jen Hilton

I suppose I shouldn't tell you that I've stopped making my kids wear pants and jackets everyday. I even contemplated turning on the AC the other day. Sending you my warmest thoughts from AZ.

Kirsten

dude, so sorry. I can totally empathize, remembering how I thought winters in UT were endless, but that just sounds brutal.

Rachel

awwwww...it's time for a visit.

Mark and Karen

Soooo sad...and it's only March.

I remember saying the same thing last year but I think I was closer to the end of April. You get hit worse with it in Seattle then we do here. Hang in there! Just remember how nice the summer is going to be and it won't be so stinking hot that you can't enjoy it.

Give and take my dear, give and take.

brooke

I'm soooo over winter. I HATE it. I will never get used to it. I can stand it until Christmas and then it just drags. It is finally starting to be okay here. I can deal if there is sunshine. My soul just dies in the winter--it's been a long one.

Pandy

The only good thing I can say is there is opposition in all things. Having horrible winters makes you appreciate the Spring and Summer all the more. Having said that, I remember those winters in Utah.....so depressing.
Now I just raise my hands in praise of San Diego's great weather. And I appreciate it because I've known the other side.
Believe it or not, however, I do miss the seasons. Just not winter.

Hang in there...this, too, shall pass.

sharry

triple digit weather for three quarters of the year is worth it to me if i don't ever have to do weather like that....sorry. you have my deepest sympathies.