CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break Day 2

I asked some friends for ideas of how to entertain my kids, when it's raining outside constantly, during spring break. One of my friends directed me to a city website that had all kinds of fun stuff to do. The problem is that most of it was geared towards small kids. However, I found this thing called "Whirlagig" in downtown Seattle. They had transformed some hall into a huge bounce zone, with face painting and food and such. From what I could tell it was a huge place with tons of inflatables. I figured my kids could bounce happily for at least a couple of hours!
Not so much. When we got there, there were only 4 or 5 bounce things, and they were mostly geared for young kids. I could see that we had driven a long ways for nothing! Kennedy of course wanted to bounce, and Whit said she would too. They bounced for about an hour, and then were done!


Colton, on the other hand wanted nothing to do with it. All he wanted was a cartoon drawing of himself. So for the same price I paid for the girls to bounce, I bought Colton this picture. He was so happy with it. The rest of our time was spent sitting at a table waiting for the girls to get bored.
Afterwards, we headed for Red Robin and had lunch. The girls both ordered Mac and Cheese and they inhaled it! The waiter came to clear our plates and asked if they wanted a refill! I didn't know they did refills on food, but it turns out they do. By the time the refills came, the girls weren't hungry so Colton finished them both off. After he horked down his teryaki chicken burger, fries, and fry refill! Oh yeah take on a few calories buddy! Ya think he's a growing boy??? And I don't thing he's really hit a growth spurt yet.

2 comments:

Liz

Looks like fun. Isn't sad they are already growing out of those places. What the heck are we going to do with them now????

brooke

Colton is growing up so fast. I'm so scared for how I'm every going to feed my boys when they are teenagers. They both eat me out of house and home right now and one is still in diapers.