CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Band Concert, What Band Concert?

I feel like most of the time that I have a post about one of my kids, it's because they do stuff to make me crazy. Well, this post is no different! This is classic Colton! It's 6:20pm and things were starting to settle down around here. The girls had been in the shower, and Colton was getting ready to get in. Dinner was over, and the dished were don. Landon and I were sitting on the couch watching the news and the phone rings. I answer, and it's Colton's band leader wondering if Colton was planning on coming to the band concert tonight??? I say "I didn't know there was a band concert tonight!" He says, "yep, I sent home a flyer a couple of weeks ago about it, and Colton definitely knew". So I calmly ask, "What time does it start, and where is it?"

It started at 7pm, at a high school that was about 25 minutes from my house. My girls both had wet hair, and were in pj's. So I go screaming upstairs asking Colton what the heck??? He claims he forgot, and never got the flyer. I tell him to get ready we're leaving. I have the girls throw on some clothes and a hat. When Colton comes down the stairs, he's wearing some quicksilver t-shirt and jeans. Landon asks him if he's not suppose to be in something a little nicer, and he claims that no one told him anything! Landon makes him at least put on a button up shirt, and away we go.

We made it on time, barely. Colton was the only kid not wearing a white shirt and black pants. So embarrassing! However, he did a great job on the drums. And his band leader came up to us 2 different times to tell us how well Colton is doing this year, and how glad he is that he's in band. That took a little bit of the edge off of how we were feeling.

That's the kind of stuff Colton use to pull on us all the time, but hasn't done is quite a while. I definitely like the new and improved Colton better!

7 comments:

Ashley

Oh man--that hits too close to home, except it's TYLER not my kids. He forgets to tell me he's leaving town (when I need to have seminary subs), that he invited people to dinner, etc. etc. etc. It's painful, and if you can cure him of it now, his wife will thank you later!

Nicole

Shane and I are totally cracking up reading about Colton so great and good support from you guys! Brandon just did a similar thing tonight...after Cub Scouts at 7:30 he informed me that he needs a Roman Costume for school tomorrow. So he will be wearing a toga made from a pillowcase. :-)

brooke

He's a great kid so I'd forgive him. It's so great that he plays the drums. I would have loved to have seen the chaotic few minutes when everyone was scrambling to get out the door!

Amy

Brooke
Let's just say it was UGLY! I would say I'm definitely in the running for Mother Of the Year AGAIN

Pandy

What's life without a little drama? I give you serious props for making it at all - wet hair or not!

If you're worrying about that making you "Mother of the Year" - you're going to be seriously shocked in the coming years!!

Rachel

Oh this is the story of my life.

Liz

So funny. Such a boy thing to do. I can just say that I would not have wanted to hear what you were saying that night. I've been around you when there is stupidity involved, and let's just say you are NOT VERY good at biting your tongue! lol