CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lying Liar who Lies

Today is Kennedy's birthday. Now normally I would say a little something nice about my loved one. BUT NOT TODAY! I emailed Kennedy's teacher this morning, who I know very well, about bringing in cupcakes for her class. This is the response I get, word for word!

"Amy,
Unfortunately students are not allowed to bring food items for their b-day. Food items are for holiday parties only. What you can do is bring in little items (pencils, erasers, etc.) for the children. Please feel free to come by after lunch recess (12:35) or after music (2:30).

On a total side note, during morning announcements the speaker wished Kennedy a “Happy Birthday” and some of the children had a very odd reaction. I finally ask someone and they told me a very interesting story around Kennedy’s birthday. One day in music Kennedy told the class it was her birthday and Mr. Dean had the class sing Happy B-day. I did not make a big deal about this because many of her classmates called her out however I did tell the class we are now moving on and we are not discussing this topic again today. I want Kennedy to enjoy her b-day and not be embarrassed. We had a small talk about playing joke and or saying things that are not true and how this can come back around and embarrass us."


I for one couldn't be prouder! I talked briefly to her teacher when I took in a little treat for the kids, explaining how embarrassed Landon and I both are. She said that Kennedy had been mortified. That she had come up to her desk with her face all flush, shaking and almost in tears. I guess if they won't listen to their parents, hopefully their peers can humiliate them into good choices.

Happy Birthday Miss Kennedy. I sure hope you have finally learned your lesson!

5 comments:

Mark and Karen

Just your title alone cracks me up!

Too bad for Kennedy to be completely embarrassed on her birthday but like you said, she brought it on herself.

I hope her day got better after that. Best wishes!

brooke

I was reading this while looking at her cute photo on your sidebar. You can't be too upset. I cheated in first grade and then lied about it for weeks. She probably takes after me.

Jen Hilton

Thank you! I laughed so hard. That was awesome. Definitely one for the books.

Unknown

I think it's the red hair!! That was hilarious!

Allison

oh my gosh...again...your cute Kennedy just made my day! Where does she come up with this stuff?