CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Driving Ms. Daisy

Let me just start by saying that I consider myself I good driver. I got my license in Utah in October. We then proceeded to have the worst winter in years there. It was baptism by fire! Anyway, I may have been in a fender bender or 2, but not always my fault. I obey the traffic laws, and usually only go 5 miles an hour over the speed limit! Which brings me to the purpose of this rant!



The speed limit in MOST of my beloved Moses Lake, is 30 miles an hour. 30!! Every once in a while it will be 35- It takes me FOREVER to get anywhere. I'm about to lose my mind. I just hope I can still drive with the "big dogs" when I get back to civilization.

8 comments:

STACEY

I've seen you drive. This might be a good thing for you:)

STACEY

BTW I would go looney too! I like my 9 miles per hour over the speed limit plan. Even hitting Mesa it feels like a crawl...good luck.

Nikki

Too funny! I can just picture it now! you'll probably get ran over once you get back to the valley! It's crazy there! I had to laugh though~ p.s. I absolutely love that family photo at the top of your blog! So cute! Did you take those last summer at the beach?

WHITE

Live a little, step on the gas...how many cops could there be in that little town? Don't under estamate the power of a few tears and a good sob story if you get pulled over!

Mark and Karen

That was the hardest thing to get used to moving up here. Though our speed limit is usually 40 and the freeway speed limit is 60. We do have a lot of streets at 30 as well. The more aggravating part is people actually drive the limit or under. No 5 miles over here! Do you have red left turn arrows at every intersection too?

Amy

Nikki, We did take them last summer in California. I have a big 24 X 30 of the one on my blog and I love it!!

Karen, yes. there are red left turn arrows in intersections that make NO sense! Everyone seems just fine going 25 35 mph!

Loric

Ahhhhh...Thanks for the good chuckle! Yes, I imagine it would be quite difficult to maintain such a boring speed limit. Hope you don't get run over when you return. :)

Unknown

I would go crazy! Jared is a speed follower and I have a lead foot but he has had more tickets then me.However I have been pulled over more than him. I think like heidi said, the power of tears and a good sob story get you out of most everything! JUST DO IT!!