CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

AHHHHHH!

So, last night, Landon left to go get Colton from Scouts, the girls are in bed, and I had just settled down to watch American Idol. All of a sudden, I see something scurry across the room. I of coarse FREAK out, and run to turn on the lights. I jump onto the couch, and try to see what the heck it was that just ran across my room. I couldn't find it, so I sat back down and just waited for it to come back. Sure enough, this little fellow comes truckin' back through, into my kitchen, and under my stove!
Are you kidding me??? I call Landon at the church, tell him to get some traps, and procede to be on mouse duty for the next hour until he gets home. Luckily the little guy stayed hidden. Landon and Colton came home and set the traps up. Not 20 minutes later, we had him. Hallelujah. About a half an hour later, we had his friend. We still have the traps up, just in case. I am on complete alert mode, watching every nook and crany of my kitchen now. YUCK!!!!

9 comments:

sara

how freaky...glad you caught them...by the way i love your family picture at the top of your blog!

Rachel

Ok it's time to move back!

Mark and Karen

I hear you on this one. Houses up here all have crawl spaces under the houses (strange to us Arizonians). I found rodent droppings in our island cupboards and had to block the whole they used to get in from under the house. It was so gross!!

Ashley

I despise mice! We had them at our last apartment--so scary and disgusting!

Lori

Yuck!! But don't think we don't have them here, too. While my sister-in-law was out of town, we set up a trap for them and caught a little mouse in their house!!! It's creepy after you catch them, and they still have their eyes open. Yuck!!

STACEY

I had to hunt down a family of mice once. Traumatizing really. However best piece of advice for catching mice is using peanut butter on the trap (sticky and takes long time to get out). If that doesn't work...bacon grease. From my expert mouse/rodent catching grandpa:)

Alisa

Amy, condolences on your house guest. I laughed out loud as I pictured you jumping around on your couch Tom Cruise-Style. Glad you caught him and made him pay!

Nikki

Ahhh whats a little mouse to harm? ha ha ha I have a freakin' RAT brought in on purpose! ha ha ha But..he is not allowed to rome the halls :) Good luck...that is gross! I can hardly stand to look at Luna!

Loric

Oh Thanks Amy!! You always give me a good laugh! I can only imagine you perched up on your couch with a broom in hand. So, I'm wondering how much you caught of American Idol with that going on? :)