CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lessons learned

Can I just say how grateful I am for the gospel! For the organization of the church. I have never really given much thought to it before this year, but it has really saved me. We went to our new ward today. I wasn't sure what to expect. I mean, we haven't moved around alot (at least not until this year) and so we're never the "new" family. When we moved to Moses Lake, there were several people that went out of there way to come up and meet us, and introduce themselves, and make sure we felt welcome, and I was so grateful for that. But that was Moses Lake, and "we're not in Kansas anymore!" I was hoping for something similar today, but not being in a small town, I wasn't holding my breath. Once again, I was so surprised and happy at the members of this ward. So many people wanting to meet us, saying how glad they were to have us there, and coming over to sit by me in RS. The primary president practically toured the building with us getting our kids where they needed to be. We've already been invited to dinner at some people's house, and I don't even remember meeting her! It was definitely a lesson to me. I was never the one to make sure that the "new" people felt welcome. I wasn't rude, but just figured that there were plenty of other people that would do it. I sure hope that I'll be one of the first people to welcome someone new, and make them feel comfortable. I know that made all of difference for us today.

I sure am learning alot of lessons up here. Makes me ponder the kind of person I was in AZ. I guess I was too comfortable, and the Lord wanted me to learn a few things, hopefully make me a better person. Lesson learned!

2 comments:

Liz

thats a cute post. you are such a cute family...how could people not want to be around you. what a good lesson, i too will try to be more welcoming. thanks

Nikki

I think that is so great! It really does make you stop and think doesn't it. I'm so glad that there are members there that are so outgoing and welcoming! I'm so happy for you guys! I really think we were in a rut in AZ and that is why we had to move here. It's been such a great experience for me to reflect on the things I needed to learn. SO great! Yeah!!!