CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I HATE HOMEWORK

I usually try to post about the good, or funny or exciting things that happen around here. But every once in a while, things are just so frustrating, that you have to vent. And hopefully by writing these things down, you'll learn from them.

It's been a long, frustrating week with school. It started out with Colton not finishing his work at school. So he brought it home, but then wasn't sure what he was even suppose to do. So he got even further behind, and was forgetting to bring stuff home, and take stuff in. He has been grounded all week, and playing catch up. I'm hoping by the time he gets home today, he'll be all caught up! He's so smart, I don't know why he does this to himself. He has such a nonchalant temperament, that sometimes he needs me to light a fire under his rear!
Whitley, my little self starter, has been a breeze (as usual). My only complaint with her is that she is doing so well that they put her in the excelling classes, which means more and harder homework. Which I don't have time to help her do because I'm trying to stay on Colton and help him catch-UGH
Now then, onto little miss Kennedy. She brings a folder home every day with either a green, yellow, or red dot, depending on her behavior. Green means you had a great day. Yellow means you had a pretty good day. You had to be reminded of a few things, but did okay. Red means you had a bad day. You had to be reminded of things several times, and had to miss recess. Back to Monday. She comes home and opens her back pack and says that she's forgotten her folder. She must have left it had school. I don't think anything of it. The next morning, I was putting her lunch in her backpack, and low and behold, there's her folder. I open it up to find a red dot!! Are you kidding? She completely lied to me, because she knew she'd be busted! Unfortunately she took a pretty good butt chewing before she left for school (have I mentioned I'm in the running for mother of the year). When she got home yesterday, she had a yellow dot! WHAT!!! After the talk we'd had that morning??? She lost her privilege to watch any tv, and was sent straight to her room. She bawled in there for some time. After about an hour, she came down the stairs with this note she had made.
(Dear Mom and Dad I am sorry. I will never get a yellow or a red dot. I promise. From Kennedy)
Landon made her put it up on the fridge so she wouldn't forget the promise she'd made. Last night, she came in to Landon and I and said "mom, no offense, but could you please use your nice voice when you talk to me about my red dots next time?" Of course I'm biting off my tongue trying not to laugh, and I gently explained that a yellow dot gets my nice voice, but a red dot gets my loud, not so nice voice.

Now then, today she came home with a green dot. Colton came home and is completely caught up. Now maybe we can get back to a lighter tone around here. Because we all know when mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

AHHH, I already feel better, just venting it out!

10 comments:

Loric

Oh, thanks Amy for the good chuckle. Somebody else is living the good life. :) Don't you just love it when your kids call you on something like that??

Mark and Karen

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a kid coming home with the work they were supposed to do in class but didn't and now have to do at home. This has happened with Kenny twice in the last week. Like getting him to do his homework wasn't hard enough! Did I mention he is in Excel too. We are in for a great year!!

brooke

This made me laugh--especially Kennedy's note. I'm always getting on Luke because he does "sh-- work." I try not to use that expression but that is what my mom always called it when we cruise through something and do a crappy job. Luke doesn't care and just flies through to get done.

Nikki

Ha ha ha...I'm laughing with you my dear! It's universal! We are all living in this nightmere called school years :) My kids are following suit with Colton. Kaden for example just so happens to not opt to do the Geometry Extra Credit which would have been a fine help to his not so great TEST SCORE the day before! "I just didn't think I needed to do it!" was his response. Uhhhh I think ya did! I swear sometimes I have not earthly idea where they get their thinking??? I of course would always choose to go the extra mile :) ha ha ha ha Just kidding!

steve and lisa

Amy
You are so cute! And a SUPER mom! Ahhhh, homework! It will never, ever end!
Went to Richland yesterday WED. - to Olive Garden! Missed you and Deb like crazy! Called her & she was going in to get her hair buzzed! It is falling out like crazy! Oh BOY!! So sad! We will see her at the end of Oct. Very excited to see her! Also, my sister is flying up to Seattle for her husband's conferences at the end of Jan. & we WANT TO SEE YOU!! A fri. thru Sun. We are so dang excited! You will need to take us SHOPPING!!!!!!!! Miss you! Keep up the mommy voices - it doesn't get any easier!! Love Lisa

Rachel

so so funny! I love her.

Unknown

I love the note. That is FOR SURE a KEEPER!!! Sometimes these little stinkers are such a pain in the keester...and ALWAYS everything happens at the same time. My week sounds quite similar. Only I didn't get a cute note to make it all better!

Nikki

Okay I died laughing at your comment about me running along in my flip flops. Seriously I was not prepared for that situation because it just happened in a split second...Porter came inside and said I want you to take off my training wheels so I can ride a 2 wheeler! So I headed outside not thinking much would happen and BAM! The boy took off and rode a bike within seconds! It was crazy! He is definitely DETERMINED!! ha ha ha That's putting it politely :)

Terese Hamilton

It's scary how good they can lie sometimes. Josie is the best liar, and she never caves!! I'm a little scared for the teenage years with her.

Ryan & Becky

Homework is hard in our home too. More because Trevan thinks he should play after the long hard day at school. I can't blame him, that's how I would feel if I had to go back. Hope all is well. It was good to hear from you.