CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Spring Chicken

Today is the big man's birthday. 36, but he's still a "spring chicken" to me.

Landon woke up extra early this morning, and started asking for his presents right away. I had to make him wait until the kids got up to open them. I've never seen him so excited for his presents before. I think he thought there was really something special this year! Kennedy had wrapped her own gift a few days ago, and has been trying to get him to open it ever since. She had attached one of her soccer pictures to the front. When he finally opened it, it was a half drunk water bottle with a little white bow tied to it. Too funny!



The kids made him a special crown to wear. I'm not sure what the mean face is about in this picture, but it was better than the "fairy" one he pulled!





Here are a few reasons I love this man...

1-He's the best dad EVER. It helps when you're still a kid at heart yourself. This morning, Kennedy had tied some ribbon around his neck like a collar, and made him crawl around being her dog.

2-He giggles! I mean Pillsbury dough boy giggles. If you touch him tummy, he just can't help himself. It's the funniest thing.

3-I love his sense of humor. I know I've said it before, but we really do laugh together every single day.

4-He's a hard worker. His parents taught him at an early age the value of hard work and it shows. He goes into work before the sun is up, and alot of times doesn't come home until late that night. He stays until he's finished working. It's very important to him (and me) that the kids learn to be hard workers.

5-He always puts my needs before his own. He is, right now, in the other room trying to get me the new iPhone. I keep telling him it's his birthday, but he knows I need a new phone ( and really, I'd love the new iPhone, so I'm not really trying to hard to stop him)

6-He honors his priesthood.

7-He's honest. I'm pretty sure he has never lied to me. First off, he's a terrible liar. He's tried to pull a few things over on me, and not once has he been successful. I know that I can trust whatever he tells me. Which has been nice, since he's traveled alot in our marriage. I never wonder what he's doing, or who he's with. If he ever has free time on a trip, I know he's going to be in his hotel room on the phone with me!

8-He's very careful. Early on in our marriage I didn't' fully understand or appreciate this quality in him. I'm more of a fly by the seat of your pants, and see what happens kind of person. Landon like to take his time with decisions, and make sure that we're making the right one. Sometimes this can be frustrating, but in the end, it's always beneficial. I can't tell you how many times my rash decision would have screwed us, but because he wouldn't make a move until he felt comfortable with it, we were better of.

9-His voice. How can I have a list without his voice. I remember how low it use to sound to me when we first met. I'm pretty use to it, but every once in a while he'll mess around and see how low it can actually get. It always sends a little chill down my spine! I think sometimes he even impresses himself.

10-I love that he's mine for all eternity! How lucky I was to find him so early in my life. I feel like we've grown up together. We have been through all kinds of trials, and through it all our marriage is stronger than ever! I can't imagine what my life would be like without him. He's my rock. I love you Lan. Happy Birthday

7 comments:

WHITE

Happy Birthday Lan...but you are no spring chicken!!!
I had a long conversation today with mom about her arthritis (oh what a joy) it got me thinking isn't Lan just a few years younger then her??? Is he struggling with arthritis to? So much to worry about when your in your late thirties...Dang I do not want to get old!!!
Have a wonderful day Lan, we love you!

Ashley

I love how sweet you always are about Lanny. He sounds like the greatest dad/husband/guy ever! Happy Birthday Lanny!

Mark and Karen

Too funny that you mention his voice. What has been...like 3 years since we've seen you guys and I can still hear his voice clear as day in my head. It's one of a kind!

Loric

Wow! Love your little tribute. What a man!! Happy Birthday Landon!

Liz

Happy Birthday Old Man!!!! You're a good husband and daddy! I approved of you long ago when you swept the Amster off her feet...you two are perfect for each other. I still have never heard a voice as deep as yours!

Lori

What a great post. Happy Birthday London! And he is still YOUNG!! (I'm just saying that cuz I'm almost there.... :)

sara

love this post...its the best being married to your best friend...you seem perfect for one another...happy day to him!