CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Arizona Dreamin'

Landon left for Arizona yesterday. We are finally moving the rest of our belongings to Washington, so he went to get things ready. I tried my best to get him to let us all come along. I guess he didn't think it was worth the extra 3 grand. Whatever!!!

I took the kids to church, then had a lazy, relaxing Sunday afternoon. Today we went to the pool again. Colton is starting to think that he doesn't want to go swimming anymore. I had to kindly remind him that that is the only freakin' thing to do here this summer. He decided he would stay home instead. I was really at a parenting crossroad this morning. Do I just make him go because I'm in charge, or do I let him stay home alone and see how it goes. I decided to let him just stay home, and hope he'd change his mind for next time. I made sure that his time at home would be well spent, and not fun at all, and gave him a list a mile long of jobs he could do while we were gone. Just as we were getting ready to walk out the door, he came down the stairs in his swimsuit and said he'd changed his mind.
So we all went swimming and here's big shocker-Colton had fun!! When we got home we all worked on cleaning out the garage (which was a pit) since Colton was suppose to do it while we were gone. I'm starting to see that as he gets older, there will be more and more of these little power struggles. I sure hope I can continue to win. (At least, I think I won. I mean, all I wanted was for him to go swimming. Of course, he did get out of working all day-okay, maybe he won???)

5 comments:

sara

you are a great mom...i have NEVER even thought of giving my kids a list of things i expected to be done by the time i got home...sometimes i'm a bit slow, i think i'm gonna try that...and by the way YOU WON!

steve and lisa

Hey
Missed you at the pool today! We are probably going tomorrow. I am going to sit & stare at all the hot guys and just relax, relax, relax! Hope to see you there! Lisa

Liz

Good tactic!!! I'm going to use that one...who is steve....do you have a boyfriend??? That is a little creepy that you have a strange man leaving you comments! j/k

Nikki

That's my kind of girl! I have been leavin' lists all summer! Kaden and Garrett have finally caught on that if they get up and do the list first thing they have lots of extra down time :) Kaden has been pulling this one (not wanting to go) for some time now. Of course I wish he would just come but sometimes he just needs his space I guess :) He always has a list though.... I think you both won, Colton ended up having a better time than he thought he would and you had him there and didn't have to worry about him home alone :) There you have it!

Allison

You are too funny! The whole who won thing is totally something I play in my head all the time as a mom. :)