CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Victoria, BC, Canada

We left Friday for Victoria,BC. We drove from Redmond to Port Angeles, Wa where we boarded a ferry for an hour and a half ride. The kids loved the ferry. Landon, his dad, and I were all sea sick. YUCK. We got settled into our hotel, got some dinner, and went to bed!

Saturday morning we went to The Butchart Gardens. This was the main reason we were there. My parents had been there many years ago, and I remember how much they loved them. I wasn't sure what to expect, or how the kids (and frankly the men) would like it. However, it was one of the most amazing, beautiful places I've ever been! The gardens were breathtaking. There was one section called The Sunken Garden, that is exactly how I picture the Garden Of Eden. AMAZING! I couldn't help but think of my friend Lori C. in AZ. She would have thought she'd died and gone to heaven in this place. I took lots of pictures of the flowers with her in mind!

After the garden, we did a little shopping for souvenirs. It was really interesting just walking around the harbour. Lots of little trinket shops, and street performers.

We got up Sunday morning, and headed back home. This time we all to Dramamine, and were much better on the ferry. This is definitely an experience I was hoping we would have while we lived up here, and it did not disappoint. Thanks mom and dad for the tip!

1 comments:

Lori

Wow, you guys have been busy!! We missed you at the game. You sure do live in a beautiful state! Our friends from BYU that went to the game also toured Butchart Gardens while they were there last weekend and said it was incredible! Now seeing all your pictures, it made me want to check it out! Maybe next time. Hope your adjusting to your new home. Take Care!