CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cast drama





I took Kennedy in yesterday to get her cast. The splint was nice because we could take it off at night to give her a bath. Now that she has the cast, there will be no more takin' it off. Our Dr's. office didn't have waterproof casts, so she went for glow in the dark.
We hadn't been swimming for a while, and the kids were begging to go to the pool. So I cut a garbage bag in strips and wrapped her cast with them like an ace bandage. Then when we got to the pool, I put her arm in 2 gallon sized baggies, and taped it all shut. This thing was Ft. Knox! I instructed Kennedy that she couldn't go in past her waist, and that she had to keep her arm out of the water. I watched her walk around for a minute, and then try to swim with her head in the water, and her arm out. She did pretty good for a second and then lost her balance. YEP the whole arm was submerged! I got her out of the water, and the baggie was filled with water. So I'm trying to hurry and get it off and maybe save her day old cast. Remember Ft. Knox. I couldn't get off, so I just bit a whole in the bottom and let the water drain out!
When we got home, I cut all the plastic wrapping off her arm. Her cast was sopping. Her hand was like a raisin, and I knew that she'd have to get another cast. I hurried and called her Dr. and got her right back in to replace it. This time she chose red. While she was getting her arm wrapped she was explaining to the Dr. that when she got this cast wet, she was gonna choose baby blue next time. She just laughed. I did not! Needless to say, we will not be going to the pool again.

3 comments:

Lori

That is too funny. (I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time.) I remember Kyle's leg cast got all wet once when we bathed him, we thought we had that thing wrapped so good, but we just blow dried it and it held up fine. Casts are such a pain!! Good luck with the next few weeks! (We're going to the Washington/BYU game in Sep. Are you going????)

Nikki

Ugh! You so needed to get the waterproof one! So sorry your Dr. didn't have them. This sure makes for a great story though! I loved it. She'll be stylin' with her new red one anyways :) Too funny! Redmond lush huh? Can't wait to hear more on that. :)

Kortni

I'm not laughing, I'm not laughing, OH WAIT-YES I AM!!! I'm so sorry about the cast. When Piper had her cast I was so glad it wasn't summer time in 100+ weather!!